Valve covers with oil spray bar

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by funnycarguy 230, Jun 18, 2005.

1. funnycarguy 230

Does anyone know who makes a valve cover for a BBC with the oil spray bars for the valve train made into the cover I have a rodeck block and it does not have oil passages to the top end I want to try to oil the valve springs and rockers to see if they will live longer We use a torco lube on the valve train now but want to maybe try something a little different Thanks

2. white lightnin

white lightnin New Member

Mike at MLR (352-357-1005)put spring oilers in my covers 7 years ago. don't know if he is still in business or if this number is still good. Spring oilers do work!

3. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

I just finished machining my own Rodeck for the oil galleys. I had the same problem you have. I was fine when using springs in the 250-275 seat psi range. I could get a warm up and 1, maybe 2 passes before re-lubing. When I started using springs in the 325-350 lb and up range I could barely get a warmup without galling / killing the pushrod tips and rocker pockets. It did not matter what brand of components or magic oil/grease/coating I used either.

I suspect you are going to have to do the oil galleys. While a good idea for the springs I doubt the spring oilers will do anything for the pushrods and rockers.

Dave Koehler
    www.koehlerinjection.com

4. Dave Koehler

Dave Koehler Member

Kent,
    Could you expand on what benefits you derived from using spring oilers? Interested in before and after results.

If one uses spring oilers what size feed line do you use and what size are the spray holes?
    Does on spray each spring idividually or do you point them in such a way as to act like a water sprinker system over a wide area?
    Just wonderin'.
    Later
    Dave Koehler

5. Danny Humphreys

Comp cams makes 'em. part #248. I can get em for you at a good price. Call me at 972-913-9300