V-gate shifted LENCO!!

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by RUGSTER, May 13, 2009.

1. RUGSTER

RUGSTER New Member

Hey! I good friend of mine is keen on buying a Liberty V-gate shifter with the electric/air solenoid set up. The application is a doored car with a 4 speed and pedal clutch.The only reason he wants to change to this style is the actual "driver" of the car isn't keen on reaching out too far for the shift buttons!This is a brand new car with a real nice 315ci small block with all the fruit!:cool:CNC billet block,D-screw,13degree heads,20amp MSD,3 disc etc.It has only done approx. 15 passes under power and already run 6.80's consistentley at over 200!:eek: What are the Pro's and cons with this set up before he dishes out the money? My way of thinking is that moving the shifter back and forth even though it aint much moves you around in the chair a certain amount,therefore moving weight around inside the car. Moving the buttons to the steering wheel has been brought up as well as moving the buttons closer to the driver,but he ain't gonna go for it!:( I think personally steering this thing is a job in itself, as the powerband is real small with the little engine and it's fairly aggressive with the 4 speed. Any thoughts??? Worth it or not? Or is he better off spending his hard earned on a taller first gear set to cure the problem of ZERO weight on the clutch??:D

2. Danny Humphreys

Any reason you cant use a shift box on it and let him concentrate on driving and not hitting the shift points?

3. RUGSTER

RUGSTER New Member

Shift box?

Danny,do you meen like an electronic shift box? I can't understand why they dont just put the buttons on the wheel! Obviously it'd be harder with three buttons as apposed to just two with a three speed,but you'd get used to it surely.:rolleyes:I'm just trying to get any feedback before they spend a heap on something that aint gonna cut it! Jason.:)

4. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

Give ACD a call. I use their air shifter unit (electric solenoids) that gives you RPM activated shifts. It has a shift override feature that you can use that lets you put one button on the steering wheel and shift with your thumb. Works great if you go into shake and want to shift before the engine gets to the shift point. With this, the driver can shift his heart out or just hold on and drive and still keep both hands on the wheel in either case.

I use my right thumb to shift but if I was driving down under, I'd probably have to use my left thumb with the right hand steering. :D

http://www.acddragparts.com/8203-5.html

Tom

5. Danny Humphreys

Yes, electric shift. Call Snyder Motorsports and he'll hook you up with MSD box and mondo solenoids. Way better than ACD.

6. RUGSTER

RUGSTER New Member

v-gate shifted LENCO!

7. MIKE REYNOLDS

MIKE REYNOLDS New Member

acd

i have a brand new acd setup for a 3 speed if any ones intersted 300$ 609 276 5666

8. coowee

coowee New Member

Re: V-gate shifted LENCO

Hi there,

The is actually another option, that might be worth a look.

Have a look on You-Tube and do a search for Vertical Gate Shifter.

Michael

9. GTPerf

GTPerf Member

I agree unless your rules won't let you use it, give ACD a call you will never look back