Ultra Case sensor position

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Richard Gore, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Richard Gore

Richard Gore New Member

Just received a new Strange Ultra Case with 10" gear. When I threaded in the RacePak sensor I noticed that the tip of the sensor does not line up with the magnets on the collar. It's an eight magnet collar. I'm assuming the 2 fasteners that are used to clamp the collar are socket head. I attempted to use a tee handle allen wrench through the sensor hole but due to the angle of the collar fastener and location of the collar currently there is no way to get to it. The sensor tip rides behind the magnets. The collar needs to be moved back to line up the magnets and sensor tip. I will call Strange tomorrow and see what they can do. My guess is that if the sensor isn't lined up with the magnets It will not read the rotation of drive shaft. I don't have the tools or experience to start disassembly of the 3rd member. My thoughts are to send it back and have them correct the location of the collar. Any thoughts, experience with this issue would be appreciated!

2. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

I've taken a sharpie marker and put a stripe on the nut and pinion , then backed the nut off. Slid the collar off and repositioned the ring. Then tightened the nut back up to the mark I drew.

3. Richard Gore

Richard Gore New Member

Thanks, Strange agreed to pick up the round trip shipping and will adjust the collar properly. I tried removing the pinion nut with impact, no luck! Was a good time to stop and let them handle it.