TWO STAGE SHIFT LIGHTS

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by jdgmntl1, Mar 7, 2005.

1. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

We are doing away with the tach on our car and were wondering if there is a two stage shift light available and who makes it? Stage and shift. Always any help is appreciated. Thanks.JDD

2. topalky511

topalky511 Member

hey
    i run an autometer LED shift light with an rpm activated switch, then plug a msd 2 step into the rpm switch, this allows you to then have two rpm settings which are set by msd rpm modules or there adjustable module, you use a micro switch to switch between the two settings either on the clutch pedal or the throttle pedal.
    hope this helps

3. CMD

CMD TAFC1347

We've had good luck with this on a blown altered; using a large and small LED shift lite. The small stage light uses two adjustable RPM controllers set 200 rpm apart and an rpm switch (when the light is on, you're at staging rpm) The computer shows the staging rpm to be within 100 rpm of where you want to leave. The stage light is a different color and can be seen while concentrating on the tree! The large shift light works off a chip , as usual. This all works in conjunction with an MSD 8
    CMD

4. funnycarguy 230

I'm looking to do the same thing I called MSD they have a shift light controller that will work with other mags than there own. I run a mallory super mag,the way It was explained to me by MSD is the different settings on the controller you can have a launch window (rpm) and set a different rpm for each gear change. I dont have the part no in front of me but it is in there catalog hope this helps Jamie

[ March 11, 2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: funnycarguy 230 ]

5. screamin mad

screamin mad Jr. Dragster

p/n 7549 shift light controller
    p/n 8132 tach adaptor ( for all magnetos)