Tune

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Mike sparks, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Mike sparks

Mike sparks New Member

427 .030 Bbc , 6-71 standard helix, bug catcher with enderle 110 pump and 6 amp don zig vertex mag running 36 degrees of timing and have 57 hat nozzles with a 130 bypass pill. Car makes 22 pounds of boost and running super lean. The plugs look they are brand new with no discoloration after a pass and the car is breaking up from as soon as I launch. What do I need to do to get it safe

2. Mike sparks

Mike sparks New Member

And I have a 3# spring in the idle check

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

If the plugs look brand new with zero burn on them then it is running super rich. No heat in the chambers. You have it backwards. You need to read my article on how to read plugs
    http://www.dragstuff.com/techarticles/reading-alcohol-spark-plugs.html
    Why do you have a three pound spring in the idle check? Have you checked the crack pressure with a air gauge?

GregM784 likes this.
  4. Mike sparks

Mike sparks New Member

Ok so what tune combination should I run

5. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

The normal idle poppet crack pressure for a roots blower is 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 lbs with around a 82% leakdown on the BV but that has nothing to do with the car going down the track. Read the Spark Plug article and lean the car out in accordance with the description of the plug reading in the article. You need a weather station to accurately tune it. Since you main jet is so big then you need to use a pump loop to get rid of some of the fuel and reduce the size of the main jet while leaning it out. You maybe should look at buying so software like Alkypro or Jetsize

Mike sparks likes this.
  6. TAFC 5 81

TAFC 5 81 Member

You could probably go to a 150 main jet and test it 1/8 mile. Take baby steps.

7. turbo69camaro

turbo69camaro Member

Get your system flowed i ran the same pump with a 387 sbc 30 to 40 psi boost had 8 .060 hat nozzles and 8 .050 port nozzles 115 pill you may be super lean down low