Trailer or Parts theft From Trailer

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by TADHemiracer, Dec 16, 2015.

1. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

I have read several post on this site and other sites about racers having their trailer either stolen or broken in to and parts/tools stolen from them. Just some FYI: I have an alarm system on my trailer, the same type that I have on my office and shop. My trailer has the main alarm panel, a keypad inside at the entry door, a battery back-up, siren, also has a red strobe light on the nose exterior and a relay that applies the trailer brakes (electric). I have it powered by the battery backup which is the same 12 volt truck battery that powers the winch and is charged by shore power while it is at the shop and also charged by the connection to the truck when connected to the truck.
    Some racers might not think about having an alarm system but it is well worth the money. A cellular phone module is also available that will call a central monitoring station. It also allows a racer to sleep better at the motel and not have to worry all night about the trailer being stolen or broke in to.
    Just my two cents worth.

Robbie Beaver and TD 4028 like this.
  2. aj481x

aj481x Member

These are good ideas but I also really like the GPS locators on both truck and trailer.

TADHemiracer likes this.
  3. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Where can I find some of these at. I like the ones that text you when it moves.

4. aj481x

aj481x Member

Search GPS tracking device

5. Nitro Madness

Nitro Madness Super Comp

Tommy Johnson, Sr. has the GPS tracker along with his trailer alarm systems - pretty sure you can buy the GPS separately....