torrington bearing for 60mm cam

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Cdn526, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

Helping out a buddy here, who's putting together a new motor.
    CN billet block, w/ 60mm cam journals / bearings.
    On installing the cam, the Torrington bearing that goes between the cam & block is .200 thick total (as a 3 pc assembly, the bearing & the plates, one per side), and at this thickness there is one lifter, #4 intake, that actually rubs the middle cam journal.
    The Torrington set up I use on my BAE blocks is only .140" thick (and only 2.129" /54mm ID) , allowing the cam to set in a bit deeper, thus giving a lot more lifter clearance.
    First time I seen this.
    Where would I find some thinner 60mm plates for this bigger bearing, or a thinner bearing pack altogether?
    Or any other suggestions?
    thanks!
    Clif

2. nitroguys

nitroguys Member

torrington bearings and thrust racea

Cliff. There is a bearing company called vbx. They use to be precision bearing. They make the thrust washer bearings in different thickness. I have run into this with a billet tfx. If the cam is not shimmed correctly the lifted can hit the journal of the cam on # 5 I had to get thicker thrust race to move mine forward. Look them.up online. Hope this helps Terry

3. nitroguys

nitroguys Member

its vxb not vbx. sorry

Sorry I had it wrong Vxb not vbx

4. Cdn526

Cdn526 Member

Torr Bearing

Thanks for the quick reply, Terry!
    I'll look them up.
    Funny thing, eh...you never think these things would interfere...glad we caught it in the shop.
    Clif