Top Eliminator West 09 Schedule & New payouts

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Curtis C, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Curtis C

Curtis C New Member

Hi everyone

I've finshed the 09 schedule hope to see some more and new cars this year. It seems like the winners payout was holding some cars back, so this year I have raised the winners payout to $1200. Hopefully some of you will come race with us we alway have alot of fun.

April 24,25 Sacramento CA 8 car show

June 26,27 Sacramento CA 8 car show

July 3,4 Medford OR 16 car show

August 14,15 Sacramento CA 8 car show

September 18,19 Sacramento CA 8 car show

2. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

I hope to make almost every race pending on funds.

3. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

That's great, hope funds allow you to attend all the races. We have a lot of fun and try real hard to put on a show for the great spectator turn outs at Sacramento Raceway. As you can see we are also heading North to Medford this year. I hear they also have great spectator support at the track.

For those that are not familiar with what type of car can run with us. Anytype as long as it pass's safety. Front engined or rear engined dragsters, altereds, funny cars, promods, any type of fuel including nitro, blowers, turbo's, nitrous or naturally aspirated.

We are working on a new website but until then www.topeliminatorwest.net will give you the rules.

Our main objective is for us racers and supportive spectors to have fun.

Blessings.........Ron Clevenger Clevenger Racing Family
    "Creekside Racing Ministry" John 14:6

4. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

We had a great time racing with you guys. It's a great group and my plan is to race your events instead of any NHRA points races. We like the fans and the fun and for our kind of car TEW is about the only program that's a good fit these days. If I ever race another super camp car in the Top Dragster it will be to soon!

5. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Right now there are 4 of us scheduled for testing at Sacramento Raceway March 14 (Weather permitting). Three blown dragsters and one funny car all eager to get after it!

This should be a prime Testing date prior to our first race April 24-25 "Funny Car Fever" at Sacramento Raceway.

Anyone else....? Welcomed to join us:).

Blessings.............Ron Clevenger.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  6. GregM784

GregM784 Member

Man o man. if i could ring my small block enough to come play, i would. maybe i'll come out with the car and at least look important. ;)

Which FC is showing? Ware?

7. G Martin

G Martin Member

Greg,

Doesn't look like Charles will be ready until after Funny car fever. Are you going to run 7.0 Pro?

Take care, hopefully see you down at Fomoso March 6.

Greg

8. GregM784

GregM784 Member

Greg,
    I'll be at the meet, but car-less. waiting on my cylinder heads, and i'm not finished upgrading my license for adv et yet.

my goal is to run 7.0Pro

Greg

9. mikentracy718fc

mikentracy718fc New Member

Greg the funny showing up is my brother inlaw in the Outcast Purple and Black car. If I dont run the Nitro Charger at that race I may bring my father inlaws funny but thats pending on funds and my avl because we have not gotten Jason R his licence yet.

10. GregM784

GregM784 Member

Bitchen. If you need a wrench, let me know. I'll be there hanging out for sure.

11. funnycarmike

funnycarmike New Member

What about your car Mr. Martin ???

12. G Martin

G Martin Member

Mike,

I sent you a PM. Looking to be on track this summer if all goes well.

Greg

13. mark6052

mark6052 Member

there are afew cars here in the washington area that are interested in the medford race. whats the bottom line (pay) for qualifying? I assume there is no entry fee? and such.

14. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

We would love to see cars from Washington participate. But please don't have any misconceptions that TEW is a deep pockets heavly sponsored Association. We also did not make the final cut for Obamas so called Stimulus Bill. Where just some fellow racers trying to maintain a program were we can actually race our cars and not let them rust away with no place to race.

So with that being said, the final purse will be based around how many cars actually enter. There is a $150 TEW entrance fee. In the past we did pay some money back to 1st rd loser. The interest from racers has been more to push the money up the ladder for bigger purse to winner and runnerup. Since Medford we are expanding the field from a normal 8 car to a 16 field so the pay out will be structured around that. The money that comes into TEW goes back into the payouts. I'm sure a purse will be announced for this race based on a 16 car field soon.

Personally I gave up a long time ago expecting an Association to pay me to race. I have found it better to seek my own personal car sponsors and that has sustained the race program for me. If I win money from the Association that's even better.

My son Curtis and wife Melanie last year picked up the ball for TEW. If they hadn't the organization was rapidly being dissolved in 2007. We've made the effort this year to reach up into the Pacific Northwest in response to racers expressed interests. We hope you guys come race with us and have as much fun as we do.

Blessings........Clevenger Family racing
    Creekside Racing Ministry John 14:6
    Ron Clevenger

15. KBuz

KBuz New Member

16. mark6052

mark6052 Member

I wont speak for anybody else. NO thank you. I will not run a car at that level and not get paid. the track is making money off you guys. i'll stop here and say good luck to you all. no wonder its getting harder to book in funny cars. :cool: I will try to come watch the race in medford.

17. johnny ahten

johnny ahten Member

Mark, if we all had your attitude then there would be no top alcohol divisional races. Come on, I run an A/Fuel dragster and get $600 bucks to be in an 8 car show. Have you seen DIV 7's 20-30 car turn outs for an 8 car show?
    I don't need to tell anyone on here how much it costs us. Oh and by the way I pay entry for car and crew to every National event and Divisional race and it costs me alot more than $150!
    Johnny
    TAD 734

18. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

Thanks Johnny for saying it like it is.....the real world.

Hows those kids doing? You getting any sleep yet?

Blessings...........Ron Clevenger.

19. KBuz

KBuz New Member

If you're involved in racing, at any level, you should know that you're not going to get rich off of racing. Running TEW we added up our expenses per weekend and winnings, when we did win, and realized that we were able to break even for that event (Weekend Expenses = Fuel, Food, Parts, Entry, etc.) And if you're breaking even in racing, you're doing pretty damn good in this sport.
    For those Alcohol runners, it is very possible to run TEW on a budget and make it reasonable. We do it, as well as all our other runners. Running on an idex 6.30 is a lot easier on the pocket books then the heads up racing the T/A guys deal with. Also, the more cars we get to commit the more we will be able to ask the tracks for money and more tracks we will be able to race at. There is a 6.40 Index class back east and they are doing well for themselves and showing us great hope for the West Coast. Curt & Mel are doing a great job promoting our class and we improve every year....we just need more teams who want to run!

We're and great class and a close group of racers who enjoy racing our stuff. I am a teenager driver and it has been a great way to jump start my career. I have been involved in drag racing my whole life and have been involved in MANY teams and MANY classes...TEW is a lot of fun.

Hope to see everyone at the track

20. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

Regardless of how you slice it, opportunities of getting paid per pass for a dragster are few and far between. And if you race top alcohol you'll lose dollars nearly every time even if you do get paid. TEW beats racing at a division race as I have done both. We welcome TEW to Oregon with open arms.