Tony P.'s comment on TV

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Greg, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Greg

Greg New Member

was disheartening. Tony said that Eric Medlin was "not ready" for the fuel class and stated that there needed to be a Busch Series for the fuel cars. I guess he forgot about the TAFC and TAD classes. Doesn't John Force have Ashley in the "busch series" right now? Kenny B. did too and the list is long. I know that all fuel people don't feel this way, but it's sad to think that our classes are not considered to be a stepping stone anymore. People like Tony are forgetting about the experience building classes where so many good drivers are groomed to handle the fuel cars. Tony had a chance to promote us and blew it in my opinion. JMHO. :rolleyes:

Greg

[ March 02, 2004, 02:19 PM: Message edited by: Greg ]

2. Rapid Transit

Rapid Transit New Member

AMEN!!!!!

3. CREWGUY

CREWGUY New Member

If I am right i saw Tonys name on Frank Hawleys website as a grad in TAFC. So he used that as his feeder to a fuel car.

4. Great Googly Moogly

Great Googly Moogly Super Comp

I wondered if anyone else caught that comment. It's hard enough to find support of the Alcohol classes, too bad many people don't consider it a stepping stone. I'm sure there are a few hundred Top Alcohol guys that would love to have the job and do better than Medlin. (although I've got to admit he didn't look like a rookie)

5. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Since when does thousands mix with millions????

6. David Smith

David Smith Member

I have to say out of all the pro drivers out there racing today Gary Scelzi makes every attempt he can to promote the TAD and TAFC classes. I fell asleep during the NHRA broadcast so I missed this interview but it sounds like The Nitro Funnycar Champ is nothing more then a chump. Seems he has forgotton how he got to where he is today!

[​IMG]

David Smith

A Quitter Never Wins and a Winner NEVER Quits!

7. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

well Cruz stated back in 2001 that he was the best FC driver...LOLOL

8. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Think about life without ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

Well I guess the consensus is if you don,t have millions dont try to make thousands. Also we should be privledges to have a name that can get anything you want. No hard feelings but we all try stive hard to do what we do. The old story is money talks andB.S.gets people that can get you there.

10. kosky racing

Another fact is that we are no longer consider as Bush league stepping stones. I would guess there is another place to step up from. Where is that?

11. Tad117

Tad117 Member

I think his comment just shows why force chose to promote from within. At least he knows he has team loyalty with Medlin. Instead of what's his name you caused him to not have a #1 on a Force car for the first time in over 10 years. If what's his name doesn't win a round all year that would be such a shame wouldn't it. I hope Forest tells NHRA to put a shorter leash on wonder boy.

12. kosky racing

Didnt this same driver get to where he is at by starting out the same way. Or was he allways great.

13. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

We all know(alky racers)that this is as far as we can go on our on dollar,which is why all the alky racers respect oneanother so well. the driving or tuning of alky or nitro operates on the same scientific principles. try explaining that to a dollar bill.

14. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Don't be to hard on Tony. He had a slip of the tounge or a little brain fade. By now he prob. realized his mistake, but prob.not real high on his priority list of apologies to make at this point.
    If you want to get lathered up point your energy at the deserving party, NHRA. They are the one's who don't promote the class as a stepping stone or anything else. If they were the least bit interested in the TAD/TAFC classes why would they not insist these be included in the sportsman nationals this year? What really chaps me is that the track had to hire in some exibition cars so they could have something that ran some speed to advertise!!!! NHRA could have told them if they want the big show you have to take it all and they would not have flinched. Just remember one thing shit flows down hill!!

15. Colin

Colin New Member

Dont be so harsh on Pedregon, everyone knows hes not afraid to say what he thinks. Look what he said to Bazemore last year. Hes right in some ways, guys like Eric shouldnt be jumpin right behind the wheel of an 8,000 horsepower fuel car.
    They should have used this season as a learning season in Top Alchol for Medlan like Force did with Ashley.

16. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i think medlin is doing great. he knows whats going on in the car due to his crew time, and that really does accelerate the learning curve. i think he did a good job today pedaling even tho he didnt get it hooked back up. he kept the monster under control.

17. TopAlkyFan1588

TopAlkyFan1588 New Member

If I'm not mistaken, I heard them say on ESPN today that Medlin drove an alky car before. Maybe I sould go back and watch the recording...

18. Colin

Colin New Member

Did anybody see the light he cut in the semis, it was past .200, thats unheard of, even for a rookie driver. I think he needs a season of practice.

19. The Zone

The Zone Member

He got licenced at Frank Hawley's in TOp Alky. His Light probably had something to do with the fact he did no burnout. It probably got to him a little. He will do just fine. I say he finishes ahead of Tony P. His eperience on the race cr and having a coach liker John Force as well as his dad will give him as much experience as anyone who has stepped into one of those beasts in the last couple years.
    Dean

20. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

DEan:

sOmetiMes it helPS if yo u reead you're postes befor you pusche the send but-ton. I useto due the saem think sough dont' feale two baD.

Jus' kiddin' wich cha'

rG.