Tom's rear ends (Picture of butt cheeks)...lol

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Soldierboy0098, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Hi,

I can no longer find the website for Tom's rear ends, does anyone know if they are having problems or is just the website?

Thanks,
    Trevor Sherwood
    727-364-4368

2. Kramer Metal Fab Inc.

Tomsdifferentials.com

I like the K A cartoon.....

3. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

4. Soldierboy0098

Thanks

Thanks guys

Trev

5. rickey

rickey Member

hope you dont need a third member anytime soon
    I ordered one in August and last week was still only number 12 on the list

6. Soldierboy0098

Differential

Wow, he is a busy guy...lol

No, just doing some scouting ahead.

Was weighing options between MW through bolts, Strange ultra, Tom's billet, Or DMPE billet. All using the Tom's 10" gears.

I was also wondering if anyone noticed if the billets were actually stronger and/or lighter or if it just ended up being a cosmetic deal

If anyone wants to share there experiences with these combo's I would be grateful.

Thanks,
    Trevor Sherwood
    727-364-4368

7. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

crack my case

ive always been told, and seen many of the mike dennis billet drop outs with 10inch toms gears in a lot of alky fc and pro mods. toms was the only outlet for the dennis cases. I guess he doesn't like to talk to people. I know marc meadows pro mod car runs a dmpe case with 10 inch gears. the dmpe case is a bit more pricy, but at this point, whats the difference? I have seen a few pro stockers rip the pinion out of the cases in the old days, but think with the through bolts, it stopped that. I noticed a lot of pro mods have started using toploaders and mw 11 inchers. after debating this for a few years with my new fc build, I just bought 2 used chrisman 10.5 billets and just got it over with. the best rear built period.

8. AFC357

AFC357 New Member

Trev my friend...just put a MW in it...save some $$$ and get it off the Jack Stands on on the TRACK!!:cool: I will be MUCH more FUN!!..PS....Blower is on its way!!;)

9. Soldierboy0098

Tim

Tim, Glad to hear your going back to your roots (Pun intended...hold for applause). I tried to call but you never answer or call me back, beginning to think you don't love me anymore....lol

I am correcting my gear ratio based on what Mike at Rage is wanting for my new setup/tuneup and it isn't costing me much, also by some miracle one of my two hearing dates is 5 months ahead of schedule and is looking good so I will actually have the car finished about a week after I get my first back pay check.....(Drools)

Also the MW is a lot more than the Strange which is why I am asking. I am looking into saving money in the long run as well and I think the Tom's gear is a big plus as far as the price difference vs. the gear life, also the piece of mind. I am just not sure if a billet case is going to be lighter and/or stiffer and what affect they would have on ring gear life....I always have a plan uncle Tim....even with a bad knee those little gerbils upstairs are always running.

The cylinder heads are finally being assembled and then the motor will be needing pushrods to be finished. I am currently waiting on my friend to finish welding the repairs on my chassis and then on Mike to go get my new blower setup in March, it is a sweet deal and you would be proud of me. Aside from that and the parts that were stolen its just a torque converter. Wiring is almost finished.

I know Darren's looks pretty light and looks like a good design but I wonder if it has been lightened too much, the Toms billet deal seems like it would be the most cost effective billet deal if I were to go that route.

Thanks,
    Trevor Sherwood