To all Top Alcohol racers at Route 66

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Oct 3, 2004.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Just wanted to say a big "Thank You" to all the drivers and crew who were at Route 66 this past weekend.

Most people get excited by the pros (I do too) but as a fan of the alcohol classes, this was 3 days of heaven. Thank you for being a part of the best drag racing experience I've ever had.

There are so many memories I don't know where to begin..

the quickest tad field ever (previous quick bump spot was 5.464, 21 cars ran quicker than that)

Jay Payne running a .52 on Saturday then a .51 today..

Jackie Stidam running 265 mph in the All Stars (which I believe is the fastest ever pass)

one frustration- who is this Leo guy who does the announcing? Payne and Stidam ran quicker and faster than any tafc driver one pair apart on Saturday and I didn't hear him acknowledge that.

- Mick Snyder's first National win

- a blown car getting a win with David Wells (and the blown cars did very well with 7 blown and 9 afuelers),

Personal bests everywhere (John Haley getting into the 20's, Mitch Myers running quick enough for the national record if it could have been backed up....)

Great job guys, I'm looking forward to next fall at Joliet all ready.

Congratulations to Shelly Howard and Jackie Stidam for the All Star win, and to David Wells and Mick Snyder for the event win.

Wolfgang