titanium valves

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by topalky511, May 17, 2004.

1. topalky511

topalky511 Member

i have just dropped two exhaust valves in my engine, they were 2nd hand and with an unknown history we started to rev the engine up further from 7500 to 8500 and they gave way, dropped the heaads of two ex valves, lots of damage, had plenty of valve to piston .150" and good seat pressure 360 pounds, i know want to replace the whole set, were can i buy valves to suite my heads (stg 3 brad anderson fat heads) what are good brands and how long should they be used for before being replaced, i know this is a very broad question depending on different applications, we run an alky dragster that will rev to a maximum of 9000rpm, any help would be much appreciated, also has anyone herd of a steel exhaust rocker for the stage 3's, starting to break alloy ones, also rpm related,
    thanks again guys these tech pages are the best thanks will for a great site

2. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

The best Ti valve available is the Victory 1 Titanium Valve. We run them for 80 to 100 passes, and have never had a valve failure. That's revving the engine to 10,000 rpm (sometimes alittle over).
    I buy my valves, so this is not a paid advertisement. I just appreciate the quality of the valves they sell me.
    The number is (330)332-2744.

Good luck,
    Marty

3. kosky racing

kosky racing Comp Eliminator

I,ll second Martys advice the best valve you can buy .Mike

4. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

re: aluminum exhaust rockers. Call BAE and get a set of steel. My sand drag buddies found out the hard way you shouldn't be running the aluminum ones.

5. topalky511

topalky511 Member

so randy, they definately make a steel rocker for the stage 3's because i think they are different to the 4's and 5's, thanks guys

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

It's been a long time since I ran 3's but I think they are the same. Call Jeremy @ Brad's and ask him. He's one sharp cookie.

(909) 923-1028.

I think they're about $230+/- each U.S., but well worth it. Definitely the last rocker you'll ever need. I've never seen anyone break one, but that's just me.

7. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

yeah they make steel ones for brad 3 heads.i know ralph gorr made some for a friend of ours