Tires

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by alkydrager, Jan 21, 2017.

1. alkydrager

alkydrager Member

GoodYear or Hoosier? Hemi altered. 34.5x17x16 Never tried Hoosier, but heard a lot of good about them.
    Thanks

2. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Get the Hoosier nitrous tire. Excellent tire. Takes a beating. The blower tire has too soft of sidewall.

3. a/fd slngsht

a/fd slngsht Member

Why not m/t .. 35-15-16...

4. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

For what its worth I can share what I have seen and found in my research, not knocking anyone's product. If you look at all the Blown alky cars (AFC/TAD/PM/ and pro boost like 90+ percent of the people all run the Hoosiers because they were quicker. Goodyear has changed there compound I believe it was last year lowering the bite by I think it was 15 percent as per the employee I met with at GY. I have not seen or heard if this made the Goodyears faster. It was several years ago but I watched a certain Top Dragster world record holder get a brand new set of M/T's, after one run they had cups real bad. He put on his old Hoosiers and went out and set the aforementioned world record. I am not sure if that was a bad batch, a test set, or a teething problem that M/T has since corrected or not. I have seen a lot of smaller tire guys run the Mickeys with success. Hope that helps.