The new fear...a Canadian...named Shawn Cowie

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by cowiefan, Mar 4, 2011.

1. cowiefan

cowiefan New Member

I search and search and all I find is nothing serious about a young man that is in the middle of the whole TAD situation. What's wrong a Canadian redneck have your attention now...? Pisses off yah all' don't it...haha...keep up folks.

Obviously, your all afraid to discuss the fact that Shawn Cowie could very well become the most successful Canadian drag racer of all time in TAD above all the most financed american juggernauts, he could also very well put the big #1 on his wing by the completion of this 2011 season, it's early but man if the first two races in performance standards is any indication I'd say the million that Jim spends will not be enough to go around him...makes all you millionaires look like your wasting your money trying to figure out what these canadian hicks are doing and you know you are...c'mon they are doing some amazing things and he deserves so much more. From us Canadian fans as well...

Cowiefan....

2. Creech

Creech Member

We've always been afraid of Cowie. Sodomy is legal in Canada aah.

3. Gizmo

Gizmo Member

You honestly think the Cowie's are spending so much less money than Jim W., Jerry Maddern, Reichert, Shields, etc.? You act like they rolled in with an F-350 and a chapparal trailer holding 2 spare pistons. That team is stout, without question, but they also have been known to sling bullets in that car like it's nobodys business. This should be a very good year in TAD, but don't get the cart too in front of the horse. If you don't recall Duane had one of the best starts in TAD history last year.

Steve L.

4. cowiefan

cowiefan New Member

F350 - Chapperal...funny you should mention that...for years they did...lol

There is no doubt they are spending money, but there is also no doubt that they are not spending what Jim is spending. I hear Jim is going to field a TAFC...so up goes the budget even more. Duane is always Duane, he is one of the best and has been in that elite field for a long time, also one of the most likable guys at the track.

My point is more towards the fact that even after what Shawn has done as a Canadian drag racer he is still very obscure and unnoticed, maybe not so much by his fellow racers but most definitely by most of the major websites that pertain to the sport and it to me is really frustrating. He is doing things that no Canadian in TAD has ever done...again he deserves some kind of press. I even sent Ben Kuzma (The Province Newspaper) who is a huge drag racing fan (Friend of Roger Bateman as well) an e-mail last year and nothing, could this be because Roger is now involved with Jim W...I don't know..but the fact there is a gag order in Jim W's pit tells me something is up.

5. cowiefan

cowiefan New Member

P.S. I'm curious how the "News Editor" of this site can talk about Shields going out in the first round in Phoenix...but I still can't find anything about Shawn actually winning? Maybe I'm just forum stupid and can't find it.

6. cowiefan

cowiefan New Member

Retard......

7. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Cowie fan

The posts you see here are from the teams or their paid press spokesmen. They write them themselves. The reason there isn't anything from the Cowie team is because there isn't anything 'from' the Cowie team. For all I know maybe those guys pay to get that front page news? I have been approached by several 'press agents' to write press releases for me on a pay basis. It's a great idea to give your sponsors a little more recognition but it costs to do that. If I ever get a big sponsor you can guarantee you will be hearing from me on a daily basis. Imagine the headlines "Dave Germain Makes it through the field of Mud to get to his shop" Lol

8. The Zone

The Zone Member

Not quite sure who you are Cowie fan, Are you one of Bart's great group or another Calgary TA fan, But,,,, Maybe you have not paid much attention, but Cowie's have not been an afterthought in TA racing. Since they started they have been on everyone's radar, Bucky was Bill Mentor the first year, They ran fast and Shawn is a solid driver.

Jim is likely the only one who spends more money but only because Norm gets paid big time. And he deserves every cent. He is really the crew chief who made the blown car run hard in the class. all others have been catching up to him. Now two or three have. But Maderns tune their own car, Bill has a full time job away from Cowie's, Steve Federlin owns and tunes his, Severance's the same, and the old fart in the east is owner tuner as well. (sorry Mike Kosky had to ;) ) Perry the same. and Thancker the same, If they all ran the same # of races I would say that other than the tuner cost for Whiteley I would say most of the teams cost per run are very close.

Also they, the Cowie's are covered extensively on my site speedzonemagazine.com. They have a blog there that is updated a dozen times a year on my site as well.
    Inside topalcohol, is not a real news site. It is a forum that has a space for teams press releases. Shields Demke's and others submit their releases to ITA.
    Also you likely don't know it but another Canadian was actually THE quickest blown car in history before Shawn ran the number. and that is Ken Perry.

Now maybe you are just funnin with them yankee's I don't know, but believe me in the TA world Shawn is well known and covered as much as any of them.

Dean

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  9. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

I know I'm going to get blasted for responding to this, but CowieFan, we all know how great Shawn and Bill and the rest of the guys are running, I just don't understand why you are trying to piss off our friends south of the border? A nice, positive congratulations message would have shown your support for the team without dis-respecting others. Racers from both countries have a great time racing each other; the comraderie, friendships and competitiveness that we build is one of the major reasons a lot of us continue to race.

By the way, great job Shawn, you guys are hauling ass!

10. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 Member

Besides, I guess cowiefan didn't read the post rules about identifying your self if your user name is other than your real name??

Anyway, as noted the Cowie gang has worked had to run well and it shows. As Dean notes there are several good running teams out there this year so it should be an interesting season.

Kerry J

11. bmoore

bmoore Member

Well said...

Ken, I thank you for chiming in here, well said. I don't know CowieFan but I gather he is behind us 110%. He may have been unaware of the paid promo deal on here and got a 'bit excited.

And you are 100% correct when you say we love running the car in the US. Great people and a great country, hell they invented hot roddin', and now we are all screwed.
    Drug of choice I suppose.

Cheers, Bill Moore, Cowie TAD3

12. Cal Bellamy

Cal Bellamy New Member

Hey Dean Just because some CLOWN in our home town is trying ro create a Canadians vs Americans B.S. Please have the courtesy to call us before you slag us.If we have anything to say it would be admiration for Canadians and Americans. We are all aware TAD & TAFC use train loads of money.
    We returned to Drag Racing some 10 years ago for the fun and friendships,
    not childish adversarial conduct on racing websites.
    Cal Bellamy
    Kenny Gilmour Motorsports
    Calgary

13. The Zone

The Zone Member

How did I slag you guys Cal, I admire you guys as well, and have said so on many occasions on my web site, and in person. I actually don't feel quite as harsley towards Cowie-fan as most of you on here, or maybe I just caught the jist of his first post differently then you did or others. He is much like many of the Amercians in my opinion. A very proud Canadian who is not afraid to spout off his feelings.

My comments back to him are based on the Cowie's not getting any press, or this site not reporting the Cowie teams results, so I just though I would educate him a bit.
    My comment about the Bart team was more as possible friendly banter among two solid Canadian teams like a freindly rivalry where you can tease each other.
    That's the trouble with the internet you don't catch the tone of the guy on the other side of the post, no harm or foul intended Cal. I really felt you or others like Rick, Ashley or Kenny would have caught that due to the fact I have worked with you guys on a number of occasions.

Call me if you need more clarification of what I meant.
    604 826 5775

Dean
    Also just an addition to this deal, Cowie Fan what major drag racing web site covers any Top Alcohol team. There isn't one news site, other then....(see below). Again this is basically a forum site and a great one I might add, but it basically only gives a team exposure if the team is paying someone to right the PR. Will's full time job is not this web site, it is something he did because he loves the two classes (hopefully that is not speaking out of turn Will)
    In case you have been living in a hole, speedzonemagazine.com is possibly the only drag racing news style site that gives almost as much Top Alcohol coverage as professional coverage. I would give it equal coverage if my I was financaily able to, but I do think I do a pretty good job covering the class.

Edit: I was wondering a bit on who Cowie fan is, and I thought it might be the guy below but did not want to speculate, (insert Cal taking offence to my bit of speculation in my earlier post, and look where that got me, in trouble with someone (or some team) without even trying) but I was right. How you doing Jim?;):D

14. cowiefan

cowiefan New Member

Oh this is good, and here I thought this would be boring. Just having a little fun folks, first time on and figured I would light a fire. I'm actually a pretty good person and drag racing is my passion.

Cal, at least you know how Dean really feels.

Bill, Ken, Dave, all of you...the US racers in TAD/TAFC are all very good people and I know quite a few of them, I have great racing and non-racing friendships down in the US.

This season is going to be fabulous and I do wish everyone well. Most of all I wish the Cowie's, Bill and the entire team a safe and successful year. Your right Bill, I am 110% your biggest fan and always will be. I miss this shit.

People, don't take stuff so serious, once in a while a little CDN-US rivalry has never hurt anyone or anything. It is going to come up at some point anyways. Like I said before, I do believe that Shawn is very well respected by his peers as he respects all of them. At the end of any race day it is truly one big family, maybe not always the most friendly family, but a family who at some point all look out for each other.

To finish this up, if it takes what it takes teams to get out their own press, something is wrong with that picture. It shouldn't be this hard to get the drivers in this level of the sport noticed by people...and I still believe that Shawn and other drivers deserve a bigger press plate than what they have received "in Canada".

Dean, you say you have covered Shawn, your right you have, a few blurps here and there. I'm glad that someone does. I'm not saying that someone needs to do a 10 page spread on Shawn, but for goodness sakes, drag racers need to be more visible and somehow this sport needs to get out to a bigger crowd. It is the best motorsport spectacle on earth.

And, if your wondering I am not at all worried about anyone knowing who I am...my name is "JIM RAMSAY" and I am the biggest fan of Mundies Towing Racing...and if you don't like me, tough.

15. The Zone

The Zone Member

how do I feel Jim?

Also I covered and reported every event thay ran at last year Jim and the year before as well, and that does not include the blog that they are responsible for.
    I also covered or reported on the results of every race the Gilmour team ran in the last couple years, also the Sitko's, the Evanchuks, Tim Nemeth and the list goes on. I think you catch my drift.
    Some say that because I report on specific teams more than others I am not really a journalist? that may be true, but I don't plan on changing what I do.

Dean

16. cowiefan

cowiefan New Member

Well, Dean like you said it is amazing how e-mails can be misconstrued...how true, how true.

P.S. Bill, may see you in Vegas...one of the two weeks. Keep up the great work you are doing. Good on yah, live the dream my friend, live the dream...

Addition: Dean, I'm doing great. I look out the window though and it just ain't quite racing season here yet...lol You do a good job for the guys, I appreciate that and visit your site constantly, I have always told you that as well. Hope the family is good.

17. Cal Bellamy

Cal Bellamy New Member

Sorry Dean after a couple of re reads I guess I did miss the tone of your article, My apologies for the misunderstanding.It appeared to bundle us with "Cowiefan"As a Canadian I find "Cowiefan's" condescending rhetoric
    embarassing.
    Best Regards to all
    Cal

18. cowiefan

cowiefan New Member

Cal, wish you all the best in 2011 as well.

19. The Zone

The Zone Member

Cal ya have to know Jim, he is a good guy, a very hard core racing fan. Used to be a part of the Cowie team.
    Is outspoken for sure
    Does like to stir it up, after confirming who started the thread, I would not be embarassed by his posts as he is as good of a fan as a team could want.

He actually used to have a very good forum
    Div6 top comp.com
    then div 6 top sportsmantopdrsagster forum.com

Dean

20. Chris Demke

Chris Demke Super Comp

Canadians...

Canadians... ya can't live with 'em and ya can't live without 'em!!!! hahaha Bill, Shawn and the team are a great bunch of guys! Congrats on that 5.24 :)

chris
    Peen Rite / CleanBoost Oil TAD
    www.cleanboostoil.com