The Biggest Thank You

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Scott Inman, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Scott Inman

Scott Inman New Member

This weekend my family and I went to the Lucas Oil race in Indianapolis. I am a second generation drag racer and having grown up at the track have many friends that race in the Top Alcohol classes. I personally have never raced anything faster than a Super Comp dragster. I only say this to emphasize my appreciation for what some of the racers did for my kids. My daughter who is 5 years old has just started to get into her dads favorite sport and my son who just turned 2 is crazy about cars like me but this was his first drag race. First we walked around and talked to a few of my friends in the class. Nothing against my friends but I approach them differently and my kids see them as just another driver. My thanks go out to a few racers who I had never met and did not know anything about me other than I was a guy walking through the pits with his wife and two kids. First I want to thank Paul Nolan for allowing my kids to get a picture with your dragster. My son has your hand out and refuses to let go of it. Next I would like to thank Cassie Simonton, My daughter has your autograph hanging on her bedroom wall with other female racers and you are the only autograph she has on that was. And Cassie even though she acted like she didn't want to take the picture she is sure glad to have it. And finally but definitely not least, Paul Noakes not only did you let my kids go under your funny car body and get pictures taken you gave them something special. That simple used spark plug that you probably would have thrown away has become a prized possession of both kids. My daughter even wanted to take it to Sunday school to show off. I know none of this seemed like much to any of you but to those kids I think you made their day. Again thank you for helping to give my kids a great day at the track.