TFX

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by jocke, Nov 19, 2003.

1. jocke

jocke New Member

Hi you all..!

We did run with a TFX -92 this season and kicked three rod´s.

Needs to know the good´s and the bad´s about TFX -92??

Is it worth to buy a new block or should we go for a different brand like KB??

Please help us out, course we don´t know wath to do.

We run the engine in a Pro Mod car..

:confused:

2. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

we repair our own
    i have seen some very bad ones
    as long as it didn't tear the lifter valley up to bad, weld it, run it again

3. was R4K

was R4K Member

FIX IT AND NEXT BLOCK SHOULD BE tfx 96 or tfx billet. That way you save things you would have to change if you go BAE or KB.

4. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

I'd agree with R4K.... TFX Billet assuming you want to keep most of your combo the same.

Anyone out there running the Chuck Nuytten Billet Blocks? I talked with Chuck (I think in Houston) about them.... it sure looked to me like like it would be one tough mother? And he has done a lot of homework on oiling issues, especially in the TFX design.

5. flash

flash top alcohol

chuck nuytten was going to display the kb & tfx billet block versions at the upcoming PRI show but is a little behind getting them ready for that show. but they are coming and I have mine ordered,it is a true billet block carved out of a square chunk of 6061 billet material, and not a forging that has been machined to look like a billet block! if you have any questions call him ,972-722-8333

6. jocke

jocke New Member

Thanks for the answer´s so far..!

But I like to know about the oiling and kracking problems...??

Would be happy if YOU like to share your experience.!

:confused:

7. Bob Holley

Bob Holley New Member

JOCKE,

All of the recently manuf. blocks are good.
    The latest billet blocks will stand the abuse of other parts breakage a little better without serious dammage to the block.
    Just remember one thing, almost all damage to the blocks are the result of a tuneing mistake or other parts failure.

8. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

so rgarding the chuck "CN" block, what parts interchange???? the bae forge block interchanges studs, and oil pan and diaper with KB,,,,the tfx 96 block interchanges with their tfx forge ie pan studs and diaper,,,but the tfx 92does not, however i have been told by tfx that the 92 block is stronger than the 96 and the main reason the 96 block was built was to reduce weight when fuel cars were on a (low carb) weight reduction plan. but what do i know, i have 3 tfx 92 blocks, and my ride is always overweight :)