TARA to address non-inclusion in SPORTSnationals

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

TARA is currently looking into and addressing why Top Alcohol Dragster and Funny Car, NHRA top Sportsman categories were not included in the Sportsnationals line-up.

More details as we get them...

2. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

I sure hope it wasn't the track owners decision to do so. Althoough he is a big time "stocker",and he does well with a ton of local bracket cars , and has a extremely large turnout on mid-week races. I just think he would try and do whatever it takes to get the BEST Sportsmen event each year. My money says it N.H.R.A.(as in "no help racing alcohol) that made this INCONSIDERATE call.

3. Bob Holley

Bob Holley New Member

Warren,

I called NPR and was told that NHRA told them what classes to run and what to payout. Also said he had no idea why NHRA did not want them to run TAD & TAFC. Sad he would call NHRA and find out why. I think they would like to run our alcohol classes so they could advertise this in the NO & BR area.
    This is a real slap in the face to TAD & TAFC.

4. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

Bob, talk about a slap in my face,,,,the facts are that I put NPR owner Pat Joffrion, and NHRA's Cary Menard together for the meeting that did turn out having NPR not becomeing IHRA. That meeting took place at State Capitol Raceway's division race when NHRA still owned it. At that very meeting a SPORTSMAN'S NATIONAL type event was discuss as the ultimate goal for this area because NPR was not going to be a large enough facility for a regular national event. TAD and TAFC would be THE MAIN EVENT. How quickly they forget. Wish that meeting would not have happen and we would have a top notch IHRA track, where Alcohol Funnys (my current investment) would have a home. sad day in cajun land.:-( warren dauzat

5. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Upon knowing that NHRA doesn't want us there, do we really want to crash their party? Free entry would be a nice penance for them to pay.

6. The Zone

The Zone Member

TAD and TAFC will headline sportsman nationals in 2005 or 2006. There will be two or three events by that time around North America.
    Dean

7. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

Hello it's the newbie again.
    What's TARA?
    jdd

8. Bob Holley

Bob Holley New Member

Top Alcohol Racers Association

9. Fuel Cars

Fuel Cars AA/AM

10. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

Its great to see TARA back in action...too bad that NPR didn't remember how many spectators hung around to watch TAD/TAFC cars run even after it rained like hell for three days. Pat must have a short memory....

Not enough money for the Alky show but hires in TF/PS/PSB... yeah that make a lot of sense...

11. T.Howell

T.Howell Member

Think back to Gainsville this year. Perhaps we should be happy we were not included. Seem NHRA wants to setup more of these sports nationals.

12. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

So, has TARA "adressed" the no Alcohol Cars at "SPORTSMAN'S NATIONALS" to N.H.R.A.(No Help Racing Alcohol). If so, how and what was the results. Heck, I and I'm sure others wouldn't mind joining such an organization,(TARA)if it would and should stand up when pushed down. Please read my suggestion on Kosky's post, concerning how to take action. Will, here's a chance to see how "strong and respected" this association is that you created. Remember,"if you always do, what you always done, you'll aways get, what you always got." Please help. warren d.

13. David Smith

David Smith Member

Tom you raise a good point about gianesville national event this past year.

NITROITCH Will did not create the Top Alcohol Racers Association Shelly Howard and Bruce Browler are the founders of the Association.

14. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

oops I stand corrected....again. warren d

15. Bob Holley

Bob Holley New Member

What is the internet address for TARA?

16. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol