TAD parity revisited v25.2...what to do...what not to do...open discussion

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Welcome back to InsideTopAlcohol.com, and it's time for your favorite thread....TAD parity...it's been keeping us in business for years, and looks to keep on trucking.

All jokes aside, what's your thoughts on the current situation. It's the same dead horse with a different name. The blower cars have made some strides over the past year, getting a better handle on the overdrive, creeping into the high .20's and low .30s, while the A/Fuelers are starting to creep in the teens again.

Here's an open invite to racers on both sides of the fence to discuss the issue. If you're an A/F racer, I'd like to hear why you think there is no need to change. Maybe you would support lifting some restrictions on the blown cars. Most of us can act and talk like adults, let's take a swing at it. I will keep this thread clean of any personal pissing matches, so don't be worried about getting flamed. Also, to respond, you must sign a real name to your post, to keep some accountability.

Here's some ideas that are floating around. I don't necessarily endorse any of these, but this is what I've heard around the pits.

C Blower
    Single element wings for A/F or at least reduced square inches
    34.5" tire max
    all fuel must be within % of ambient temp
    95%
    2 or 3 stage clutch management for blown cars
    No six shooter for A/F
    Scoop restrictions on A/F

Here's your chance to be heard.

2. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

peas and carrots. apples n oranges

Is there still a problem?:rolleyes:

3. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Blown vs. A/Fuel...Countdown vs. old points system...Hatfield vs. McCoys...
    I think everyone involved is to close to the situation to be objective. I would suggest bringing in someone who knows nothing about the history of these two classes to make a impartial decision on this matter. Isn't that what NHRA did with the TA/FC overdrive rule?

4. nitrohemi

nitrohemi injected nitro!!

tad parity

just make a/fuel guys have there fuel the same temp or a min. as the blown guys in the staging lanes before they run , simple & no cost increase. & my dogs in the fight!! bring it!!! Ethan Brown

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  5. Will Hanna

Staff Member

sign a name

Sign a name for post to be left up.

6. bmoore

bmoore Member

Gloria, would ambient fuel temp. slow you guys down or not? I think you would agree that the true potential of A-fuel is a mystery, I'm sure the 5.16 was as much a surprise to you guys as the rest of us.
    I would doubt any of the blown cars would want to spend money on the "C" blower, this sport is already too damn expensive.

Bill Moore, Cowie TAD 681

7. LT67

LT67 New Member

I'm sure the "gods" at NHRA will think of something to help even things out..... I just hope it remains quarter mile.

Stephen

8. Richard Putz

Richard Putz Top Alcohol Dragster

I never have responded to any of these debates but being Will opened it up I will give my two cents worth. I think parity was as close as its ever been in a long time but I have noticed the fuel cars are starting to bend the cooling of the fuel rules. I know some people want to try to interpret the rules different than what they were intended and I think this is wrong. than when they start dominating the class they are the 1st ones to complain when there is a change made to there class to slow them back down. I do not want to see any changes to the blower cars and I do not want to see the fuel cars have to start over with different combos and tune ups either and in these economic times I do not think it is a good time to start making everyone spend more money.I totally agree with Ethan Brown, why don't we make everyone run there fuel at ambient air temperature in the fuel tank and into the motor and get it worded so those who want to bend the rules can understand it with clarity. this sounds like a no cost solution and I would think keep both parties happy. I have many friends with fuel cars and in no way am trying to upset anyone, just trying to come up with the best compromise for everyone. Thanks. Richard Putz TAD51

9. tad2155

tad2155 Member

if ya can't beat'em build a new ride as we did, but as that said we need a new venue for run what ya brung real racing look at the ADRL some good notes to be taken of a newer model

Bama Boyz:D

10. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

I would be stunned if NHRA did anything about this! As long as some Blown cars are winning races it's NOT a problem in their eyes! Until all the competitive Blown cars have quit or switched to FC or Pro mod, NHRA won't do anything about this!:confused:

11. Bob Perkins

Bob Perkins New Member

Truth

I heard cooling the fuel did nothing for some but slow them down?
    did johnny cool his fuel on that 27 run, cox,niver,ect.IF we could
    get those other 50 or so fuelers to way in then i think it would help.
    was meyer cooling the fuel when ormbsy went 5.13 i do not think so
    and i was there.The problem is one good shot and two or three tire
    smokers alot of good cars go home in an eight car field,making for a
    terrible show for the fourteen fans that paid to watch.
    BP

12. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Word.

I've only seen more than 14 fans at D-6 events..:D

Bob, Sorry we didnt get to see you at Pomona, they had us in a different Zip code.

13. Will Hanna

Staff Member

cooling

So what's everyone's opinion on this:

Fuel may be no cooler than 10 degrees of ambient temperature.

Blown cars can run linkage style clutch management. (The kit costs $1200 from AFT, or you can do it yourself easily)

14. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I vote for the reinstitution of 125% overdrive.

Ooops, wrong topic.

15. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Mitch Myers says 125 or Im outta here....

Randy,
    Are you crazy? that 125 overdrive cost the racers alot of money, They(the man)say 92% is saving us $$$$$ this way. :rolleyes:

16. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Your premise is skewed if you assume sanity in the first place. You should have said, Randy - I know you are crazy. We are all in the same ward, but maybe different wings.

17. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

You're right, Don. With all the money I saved since going 92% over I actually sponsored my own race car at Pomona last week.

Unfortunately my check bounced.

:rolleyes:

18. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Orange Jumpsuits for all!!

Have your CPA call my CPA and well see 'bout that Itemised expense:)
    Im sure if you took it, went to jail for 5 or 7 years, the A-Fuel vs. Blown deal will not be sorted out by then anyway..

19. cpgeneration

cpgeneration New Member

fuel

Why dont they just run the Nitro guys with Nitro guys and the alky guys with alky guys ? I am getting old but i seem to remember racing like this when i was a bit younger..it worked out fine.

Frank..

20. Will Hanna

Staff Member

don't know if this helps DT or not...

I had Impact boots then switched to Taylors when they came out. The way they are constructed, they just fit better, not to mention I know who makes them. Like Randy sez, thinner isn't always better when it comes to fire protection.

Matter of fact I thought the Taylor boots worked so good, I tried wearing them to a club one time, but they just didn't have quite the desired effect on the ladies...so good for racing, not so good at the club.....LOL:D