steering wheel mount momentary switch

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by craig moss, Mar 10, 2012.

1. craig moss

craig moss Member

I'm looking for one that has the coiled wire cord 10 amp ish and need's to be hard to push or have a long stroke. Mushroom type woud be good. This is a boat deal so the wheel is out of the line of sight. So the driver needs to have a finger on it at al times while steering with out accidently pushing it until its time . Thats why we need a hard push or long stroke switch any Ideas ?? Thanks Craig

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. Comax Racing

Comax Racing Member

Thats a tall order for momentary.Why momentary? Obviously you need to turn something on and off during the run. Most switches are very light touch. Maybe supply more info about the conditions it need to operate and we ca suggest something. Layout what you are trying to do.

3. craig moss

craig moss Member

I'll be using it to open a pop off vavle that relieves the jet pump inlet psi so when the throttle is closed the boat won't crash. A spring loaded toggle switch would work but like I said the wheel is not in the line of sight. So with goves on we need a switch he can feel trough the gloves and drive and not activate it until the end of the run if it gets hit sooner the run is done beer time

4. Chi Town Brown

Why not air operated?

5. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

dedenbear has what you want also look in jegs under trans break buttons..Dave

6. craig moss

craig moss Member

That's not how it's set up it came with a air valve controled with 12v. but it could be changed over

7. craig moss

craig moss Member

Thanks Dave. I've looked at them just don't know how hard they push. I haven't had any experience with them. Don't want 2 spend the $$ to find out I should've bought a different one.

8. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

Trans Brake Buttons

The Dedenbear button is too easy to push for what you are looking for, I have one, I know. If you are deadset on an electric switch, you might consider a floor mounted foot operated starter style push button/switch (not really a "button"). They have more resistance to overcome before switching, but remember if the craft is out of control and the driver may be struggling to maintain control that the harder to push switch may not be something the driver can do. I have a "uh oh" mushroom button (the Dedenbear switch aforementioned) mounted in the center of my steering wheel that is easy to push with either thumb in case of a control problem. This way, I do not have to let go of the wheel to active the "uh oh " switch. Just some more of my .02

9. Scorpius240

Scorpius240 New Member

A lenco air shift button would work perfect for you if you changed it over to all air. It has a nice big head on it and you have to push hard to get it to operate. The best thing is the force required to activate it is adjustable. Lenco's button is two pieces and uses a clippard standard air valve the back you may be able to remove the air valve protion and replace it with an electric switch. Give lenco a call. If you want I can send you a pic of it so you can see what I'm talking about just let me know where to send it

Matt

10. secondwindracing

I second the lenco button..Dave

11. secondwindracing

all you will need is a clippard brand air valve to make the lenco button ..I think i might have one..Dave