Steel or titanium can?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by teenracer, Jul 4, 2005.

1. teenracer

teenracer Jr. Dragster

Hi guys,

We run a Blown BBC / Crower 10.7" 3-disc / CS-1 3 speed Lenco combo in our Top Comp altered in Australia, and are currently using a 8 1/8"lakewood bellhousing, we would like to upgrade our can with something nicer, i.e. more hand room on the inspection hole etc, what cans are usually run in the Alcohol F/C's and do the pedal pivots come off the can not the chassis, if so who makes or modifys these cans to suit a funny car style chassis, has anyone run a lakewood compared to say a Browell or Trick Titanium.

Cheers
    Marc

2. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

I cant answer all of your questions but I can tell you that if you want to save your back get a trick titanium can.

3. teenracer

teenracer Jr. Dragster

Hi Nick,

Do you know what is the weight saving switching from Steel can to a Titanium can?

Marc

4. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Lakewood to Ti saves 14lb.
    Browell to Ti saves 19lb.
    Trick can install the top pivot boss.

5. teenracer

teenracer Jr. Dragster

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, what pedal assy do i order and where from, and what do i ask Trick to weld on?

What is the most common set-up for engine limiters (Blow back braces), we have at the moment from the top chasis rail forward to the can itself utilising 3/8" clevis brackets welded onto the can.

Marc

[ July 05, 2005, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: teenracer ]