Starter Batteries

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by staflund, May 15, 2005.

1. staflund

staflund New Member

What type of batteries are the best to use for the starter ,TAFC , anyone have any info on the small ones so I can throw the old big heavy ones away

2. topalky511

topalky511 Member

larry miersch sells a battery pack small and light and comes with its own charger some of the fuel guys use them and i have one on my own alcohol dragster and its great heaps of power and they are cheaper than the rcd ones as well, give hime a call
    hope this helps

3. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

the small rcd pack is hard to beat it includes the charger and will spin your starter at least another 100 rpm faster. it only weights 50 pounds and the pack measures 12x10x7 and has a handy carrying handle. it also has a year warrenty on the batteries. i sell these for $1100.00 email or call if interested thanks jr 530-292-3368

4. staflund

staflund New Member

I have the starter only want to change the batteries

5. DQUES

DQUES Member

I saw last week a battery pack made out of garden tractor batteries from NAPA . Each had 230 cca's and they cost him $ 18.00 a piece ( he works at napa ). The batteries are a little bigger than the dry cell type the rcd pack uses but for the $$$ it was not bad . Spun the engine ( tafc ) with no problem .

6. jpruett

jpruett New Member

we have used the lawnmower batteries on our brad 5 hemi for 3 years and never missed a beat.

7. clint thompson

the lawnmower batteries will work great, we used them for years. the rcd packs are nice but if your looking for the best and willing to spend that kind of $$ get a hold of wayne parker at parkers auto electric in salem oregon. he sells one that is heavy but very nice, comes with an industrial charger and spins the motor faster than anything i've ever seen. lasts all weekend (and way more) on a charge, charges fast (the rcd ones take forever to get fully charged) it's called "ultra tool" . i bought one last year and have been very happy with it. comes with the extra long cables, charger and pack. if you can spend the money you won't be sorry.