Start up lube

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by alkyholic, Jun 8, 2005.

1. alkyholic

alkyholic Jr. Dragster

Guys, what do you think is the best to use to fill the pushrod buckets and and lube the valve train for startup.

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Well I have seen guys use the peanut (headbolt) grease, have seen the black moly grease and I have seen white lithium grease. Everyone swears they have no problems so maybe it doesn't matter just as long as you use something.

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

we use the black moly lube to fill the cups when we first put the pushrods in for the weekend, then use torco assembly lube for the rest of the weekend. whatever you use, be sure to take a finger or whatever it takes and rub that intake adjuster down good with lube.

4. Thurston

Thurston New

Last year we were burning up push rods almost every pass using moly lube between rounds, this year we are using the red Torco MPZ assembly lube, making sure we get enough in each push rod and have only blued one push rod in 3 races this year.

5. alkyholic

alkyholic Jr. Dragster

Thanks guys...

6. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

We also use the black Moly grease. Works very well we find. After that for the rest of the weekend we use Lucas Oil 70. I take one of the rocker shaft bolts out and actually prime the shafts as well, until I can see oil flowing out of them so they do not start dry.

We have also nearly eliminated our push rod problems *crosses fingers* for the past couple of seasons by taking valve lapping compound and lapping the pushrod cups into an adjuster. You can use the same adjuster for every push rod- just stick it upside down in the vise.