Spark plug wires?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by funnycarguy 230, Jan 26, 2005.

1. funnycarguy 230

Who has the best plug wires to use on a magneto Thanks Jamie

2. ttutubono

ttutubono Guest

you meen like a vertex? if so, Moroso, if you meen msd then use msd. if you want to know why it`s because, "if i rember right" you can`t fit anything bigger that 7 MM in a vertex. Gene Sr.

[ January 27, 2005, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: ttutubono ]

3. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

if you're running any kind of electronics on the car (computer, timers, even a tach) you'll want to run a spiral core wire. i've been using thundervolt 50's from taylor/vertex and really like them. i know alot of guys really like the msd pro wires as well. and make them a part of your maintainence... you'll change them often if you're making much power.

4. big wheel

big wheel New Member

if u call msd , get a spool of wire msd termnals ends and they make a killer set of pliers to crimp with you wiil save yourself some money.

5. Danny Humphreys

Moroso's Ultra 40's are the deal. Check all the others w/ ohmmeter and then the moroso's. I did and will never run anything but the moroso wires again on any engine.

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

DT runs the Moroso's.

7. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I believe that small amounts of resistance are fairly transperent to high voltages at 50K volts. It would seem to me that MSD who is the leader in magneto ignitions would probably have researched and come up with the best wires for their own systems. I wonder who actually makes the Moroso ignition wires it is sure not Moroso. I guess I will research that and see what I can find out.

8. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Well, correction to my last. I emailed Rick Moroso and he said that they actually make their own wires

9. scott hall

scott hall Member

http://www.morosowiretechnologies.com/

We have built our 40 ohm wire since day one. We run hundreds of thousands of feet per year, and have the terminals and boots made to our specs.

I designed a hemi boot that Virgil Hartman builds for us. Moroso customers include Doug Herbert, Clay Millican, Jerry Darien (since Brandon Drove), Dennis Taylor, WJ, Greg Anderson (both years) Jeg's, David Rampy, Dean Carter, etc.

Sorry for the infomercial, but we are investing alot into spark plug wire. E-mail me w/ any other questions scotth@moroso.com

10. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Thanks Scott, I was surprised when Rick told me about making their own wires. It is great to see competition out there.

11. Danny Humphreys

How about hooking a brother up? I always tout the greatness of the Moroso wires!