Spacers for Manifold

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by camaroduster, Aug 3, 2006.

1. camaroduster

camaroduster New Member

Has anyone ever used spacers on a +.100 Hemi Manifold in order to use it on Standard Deck Block? There seems to more of these used manafolds available for sale than for a standard deck block. I am in the market for a used manifold that fit BAE 98, 6 bolt fuel Heads on a standard deck KB.
    Thanks,

2. eli

eli Banned

If you wanted to use a standard manifold on a 100 tall block, then you would need a spacer ,not the other way around;)

3. Bob Kraemer

Bob Kraemer New Member

I made some .090 thick spacers for a friend of mine who runs a .100 tall BAE block, Veney heads & STD. blower manifold.
    I could make some spacers for you if needed.
    E/Mail me at precisionraceproducts@hotmail.com[/email]

4. camaroduster

camaroduster New Member

Thanks for the responses, I may have explained myself wrong. The manifold is a .100 tall manifold and I need to know what modifications I need to perform to use it on a Standard Deck Block.

5. eli

eli Banned

Not sure if it can be done ,But call bae and ask them if it can be machined to fit.

6. Lethal Threat Racing

I am sure someone out their would trade you a good manifold with a standard deck for a good .100 tall one. Guy's are looking for .100 tall all of the time.

7. camaroduster

camaroduster New Member

Thanks for the replies. Someone out there I am sure has modified a +.100 manifold to use on a Standard deck block. Can it be modified, how much does it need to milled per side?
    Again Thanks,

8. whosyrdady

whosyrdady Super Comp

I just went through this very same thing. BAE tells me you need to take around .060 off the sides. The other modification that I forgot about was the fact that the intake studs become closer together as you go shorter on the deck height. from what I gathered you would have to mill the holes inward around .075 for a total of .150". Robert Rheel equipment says you need to take .085 off the sides. Who is correct ? I took the easy way out and traded manifolds. Hope this is some help to you. Kevin

9. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Our BAE mag manifold must have been done that way too, as our stud holes are slotted. Not sure how much to take off, it was done before we got it.

10. John byob

John byob Member

D u still make manifold spacers thx