Some ideas on T/A and A/Fuel

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Smiley's Converters, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Smiley's Converters

Smiley's Converters New Member

I know this has been rehashed over and over so many times, but what do some of you think of having four (4) classes? Top Alcohol Dragster, Top Alcohol Funny Car, "A" Fuel Dragster, and (taadaa!) "A" Fuel Funny Car.

It took a bit for them to understand that Pro Stock Truck wasn't a draw, literallay putting people to sleep, and then of course two years later screwing those racers by telling them they now belonged in Modified class, but think about how good this could be for the sport--just like the old days!

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

smiley,

good idea, but it has about as much of a chance of happening as tad/tafc getting paid 1,000,000 to win.

kinda like the walgreens commercial. in a perfect world....but we live in a far from perfect world....

3. Max Power

Max Power New Member

I suppose we out to be glad, there is a place to race at all. God I miss AHRA

4. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

AHRA is still there, in Spokane anyways, actually, we're racing there this Saturday night with our TAD...and there we're a PRO CLASS and we get treated like one too!

5. Bumpy55

Bumpy55 Member

NHRA would want to just cut our currant purse in half to support the extra classes. Besides most tracks don,t have that many extra mud holes to pit them in. :cool:

6. was R4K

was R4K Member

Hey Bumpy- liked your attitude- must have been earned! Just for your info- MUDHOLES are not just for NHRA tracks- I think tracks from all sanction bodies as well as outlaw tracks save their favorite mudholes for cars that run alcohol. Maybe they think that the alcohol will suck the moisture out of the ground and and into the fuel containers. lol ;)

7. Bob Alberty Jr.

Just wonderin,in reguards to the BAD AFD million dollar question,But with the nostalgia top fuel deal,we have to run a spec tire (1200 x 16)
    To the A/Fuel (A/KOOL) how would this affect your curent deal? Just a stupid suggestion from the worlds expert. Bob

8. Bumpy55

Bumpy55 Member

This year we have been rained on at some of the best tracks NHRA has to offer. The worst was Columbus. That turned into a swamp. I have said maybe we should go boat racing. Never heard of one canceled for sunshine. :cool: