Six shooter help please?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by B rock, Nov 14, 2015.

1. B rock

B rock New Member

Currently we have a pro mag 44 and an 8168 retard box with a six shooter and an emi 8 channel timer. The problem is the motor is not retarding the timing at all. I have checked the retard box and its working fine. I have checked the emi box and it is sending signals at the right delay times. I have tried 2 six shooters now and still it does not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

So this setup has worked in the past? When you trigger the retard are you doing it from a clutch switch or TRansbrake switch? Does the EMI box display go blank when you trigger it? So have you tried putting a 10 degree chip in the Six Shooter and have it stay on for a long time and trigger it with the motor running? You can really hear the motor slow down when you do that. According to what you have said it can only be the 8158 or the wiring. I have sent the EMI box, Six Shooter and 8158 to Dave Leahy and had him test all three and fix problems. If your class allows it my recommendation is to install a GRID. They are only $350 and are so smooth and reliable. I have never looked back after using them.

B rock likes this.
  3. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

Let my 6 shooter behind and went to a command module. Car went faster with same setup

4. B rock

B rock New Member

It did work when it was first hooked up yes. It's triggered by a trans take switch. Yes the screen does go blank and I have also put a test light on the individual channels coming out of the emi box and they are working. We have tried with the motor running and with a timing light just to be sure and nothing... Does anyone know we have put chips in bigger than 10 could that possibly be the problem?