Single Port Nozzle Set Up With Screw Blower

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Danial Richardson, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Danial Richardson

Danial Richardson New Member

I am curios what the air distribution between the cylinders is like with a screw blower compared to a roots type blower, that way I can get an idea of where to start with my port nozzle jetting. With my old roots blower I was richer on #1 and #2 and gradually go leaner towards #7 and #8. So I'm not sure if a screw blower has the same affect. I am not running dribblers, so i am wondering if anyone can help me get an idea of where to start.
    Thanks.

2. rb0804

rb0804 Active Member

The PSI screw blower is a rear discharge design and it has a “mixing plate” below it to help even out distribution. If you don’t have one already get yourself a PSI manual it has some tuneup information in it and will help you from destroying your $12,000 blower. The things that we are doing now are a little different than what’s in the manual, like we run more fuel through the hat nowadays vs what the manual says. Depending on your overdrive and how you stage car, (two step vs bring the R’s up and swap feet) depends on if your no dribbler deal is going to work. It may be a better idea to call someone knowledgeable and have them set you up with a fuel system for what you are trying to accomplish.

Danial Richardson likes this.
  3. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

Danial give me a call, I have a single nozzle stagger that might work.
    Dale-970-302-1232

4. WIDEOPEN231

WIDEOPEN231 Member

IMO getting a flowed system from one of the guys who do it for a living is the best money you could spend.How many parts does it take to equal cost? Answer very few and more than likely you will exceed that with wrong set up.

I have used Gorr since the 90's and always had great service before and after with them.

5. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

You don't say what you have for and engine but manifold design can greatly affect flow and nozzle size needed on a cylinder by cylinder basis. Nozzle size also changes by overdrive and the boost that changes with the differences in overdrive. I agree, getting it flowed by an expert will get you going in the right direction but always start out way fat to compensate for things like overdrive/boost and manifold design. If you are running a cookie cutter design like a Hemi by one of the main manufactures with all their equipment that most are familiar with, you're probably pretty safe with the recommendations by those in the business. Start getting into one off combinations, play it safe first and work into it.