Shift Light

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Dave Germain, May 15, 2015.

1. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Any suggestions on a good shift light for a TAFC with a promag44? I don't get good results from the current one I have and I am looking to upgrade. I am triggering it off the retard box. Dave Germain

2. Sportsman

Sportsman TA/FC

I think this is what we used - never failed

Pro-Mag Magneto RPM Activated Switch, External Coil Mags only PN 8957neto RPM Activated Switch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Auto Meter Super-Lite 12 LED Shift-Lite item # 5332

3. underby6

underby6 Active Member

Leahy makes a very small/very bright single LED that I use in my car. It does the job, it's lightweight, and it's cheap; certainly something to consider.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #34
    Torque MGMT. - Owner

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

If you are running a power grid, the MSD 7542 is a good option.

If you are using a six shooter, I really liked the MSD 8963 programmable.

Also with a six shooter there is a way to jump the tach signal output from the unused side to boost the tach output signal.

I would just put a grid on it and be done though.

5. td3829mk

td3829mk Member

Will, do you remember how you wired tach signal on your six shooter? By jumping do you mean wire both outputs into one and then into the violet wire off the retard box?

I use an rpm activated switch to fire the shifter solenoid but I feel like I shift the car manually more than the solenoid does. Very inconsistent. Right now I only use one port in the output of the retard box and that goes to the 2step. The tack, data logger, and rpm switch all run off of tach converter.

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

6. pnconcepts

pnconcepts Member

I looked on their website and did not see this is it a special order item? Also does it take something to initiate it or does it use plug in chips like the MSD shift light?

7. KEITH CLARK

KEITH CLARK Member

it has dip switches to set RPM, uses a fiber optic signal from coil primary inductive pick up