Sensor ranges for Data System

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by GottaGoFaster, Mar 26, 2017.

1. GottaGoFaster

GottaGoFaster Member

Hi All--

I'm hoping for some advice on sensor range selection for a few Data System points. Specifically, I am wondering what range sensors to use to monitor Fuel Pressure, Boost Pressure, and Oil Pressure. Of course, the best accuracy comes from selecting a sensor close to the max pressures that it will see--but there's always the occasional spike that could blow out a sensor sized too small.

I would guess ranges of 200psi for fuel, 200psi for boost (oversized for backfires), and maybe 100psi for oil?

My application is a roots blower (20% overdriven) on a KB hemi (KB billet wet sump pump). Enderle 1100 fuel pump, cam driven.

Thanks in advance!

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Racepak uses 300 psi sensors for all those and they are more than accurate enough for racing. Realistically you oil pressure needs to be 200 psi, boost at 100 psi and fuel at 300 psi because of spiking when getting of the throttle.

3. GottaGoFaster

GottaGoFaster Member

Thanks very much Mike--I am sure I am not alone in greatly appreciating your advice on so many topics. Lucky to have your input!