Saturday at E-Town

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Serge TAD 182, Aug 12, 2003.

1. Serge TAD 182

Serge TAD 182 New Member

Just to know why T/AD and T/FC could not been able to do some testing run on friday in englishtown ????

I ve seen 2 or 3 pass from Pro-Mod Guys and it was to bad that new comer ALCOHOL people like us that want to test as not the right to do it.

For us , it was a 10 hrs ride to be outhere and it was our first contact with that track ( a testing run would has been appreciate )

It was again a great learning week-end for us despite the fact that we do not Qualified.

Great field , Tremendos Pass , Nice People !!!

Just my opinion !!!

Serge TAD 182

2. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Englishtown has what are called Loud days. They only get so many per year, and they are all taken up by the National event, the booked in shows and the points race. These loud days allow them to run injected cars on nitro or alcohol. My guess is that in recent years with the PM cars joining comp there has been some sort of concession made to allow the injected cars in Comp eliminator to run on non-loud days.

This is out of the track owners hands as all the idiots/jackasses that bought houses all around the race track over the years have complained left and right. Of course these people really should be called worse than idiots/jackasses, but this is a family friendly board.

Just MHO.

Dan

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

dan, tell us how you really feel.....lol

4. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Pomona has the same situation, and Denver is soon to follow!

5. David Smith

David Smith Member

Serge the problem is due to all the yuppie scum moving into old bridge township! Every Year more and more developements go up around the track and all they do is bitch and moan about the noise.

You have a really nice looking operation there. If your at Cecil County I will be sure to stop on by and introduce myself. It truely was a great weekend of racing at Englishtown the burn down between Dave De Angelis in his blown car verses Rich Mc Phippilps A/Fuel was pretty cool. And the Mike Kosky vs Fran Monaghan was a good one too. Too bad the weather had to screw things up on Sunday though.

6. Serge TAD 182

Serge TAD 182 New Member

Hello David !!!

Too bad , do not go to Cecil County race ( Too far from home for this year ). It will be a honor to met you , shake hands and talk a little about Drag racing ( our next USA stop will be Reading PA in a month).

My english speaking is not perfect and I am a little ''shy''to go thru and speak to all those people in the Pit ( crew and driver) at the race.

Sometime , it will be helpful for us to know a little more about the racetrack.Our next goal is to be able to qualified again safely and run a low 5.60. to complete our first season in the D-1 NHRA Class. We love to go to those USA tremendos racetrack....

Take care... Serge

7. David Smith

David Smith Member

Serge I will look you up in Reading. I will be there for the national event and the make up division 1 race there in Septmeber. I am kinda shy myself I have been following drag racing since 1986 and have been traveling all over the country since 1998 when I got my drivers license to see the top drivers in what I think is the best class in NHRA dragracing the TAD/ TAFC classes that do not make the trip eastward. Until late 2001 I rarely ever talked to any drivers or teams members but thanks to the variuos message boards I have since been able to meet and make friends with family members, crew members, drivers, and tuners that represent about 62 differnt teams. I do my best to support the teams no matter what combination the teams run. Its tough at times when the teams I know have to run eachother but in the end as long as everyone gets down the track safely I am a happy camper. Anyway I look foward to meeting you and your team in reading and dont be shy I am sure theres alot of fine people within the Division 1 class that will be more then happy to help your team improve on its performance. You guys are doing a pretty good job on your own so far so keep up the good work/

David Smith

8. David Smith

David Smith Member

opps thats 1988 not 1998 wish I was that young again LOL