Russ Parker or Clint Thompson...Oregon ban

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Randy G., Mar 26, 2009.

1. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

2. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Ted Kulongoski, you're out of your element!

I had not heard this one yet - though it does not surprise me as our state has gotten pretty whacky. I'd be surprised if this one got very far but we should be prepared to do battle. How bout you Clint?

3. Ron C

Ron C Jr. Dragster

If you think that's crazy, California is proposing to ban "black" cars. Seems they use the air conditioning to much:).

Blessings........Ron.

4. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Yea, they think we'll run the A/C less with a white car. They forgot about ambient temps, though. If it's over 75 degrees I don't need to see what color my car is before deciding to turn on the A/C.

It's the "Do Gooders" run amuck. I'm looking forward to booting a lot of them in 2010.

RG

5. clint thompson

oregon sucks

I got that email from Rich yesterday. First I have heard of it, but seems like I have heard a similar story before. What possible good do they think baning aftermarket parts is going to do for the environment. As if there are enough people modifiying thier cars to really make enough of :)a difference. Amazing what kind of silly notions can make it to the political table. I get so sick of the do goodies trying to legislate everything out of our lives as if they aren't having thier own impact on the environment. OOPs did I just say (type) IMPACT? I know wrong thread.......:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
  6. Jim Peters

Jim Peters New Member

What the

Clint OREGON SUCKS Your not to far from the Border
    JIM

7. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

The biggest flag waver is E-gore. I heard a report on the radio that said his electric and gas bill for his "modest" home averages $2,000 per month. Heck, I don't use that much in a year and I'm a polution spewing funny car owner.

Oh, wait. We run clean burning alcohol in our race car. Someone needs to tell E-gore that my funny car has put out less polution in 20 years than his gardner does in one week mowing his "modest" lawn.

RG

8. Night Moves

Night Moves New Member

More BS in Oregon

You summed it up Randy!

If they would focus on real issues instead of sound bites and photo ops, we might be able to more forward in this country.

Mike Little

9. eli

eli Banned

Ah, Randy,If that was only true,As nation we are a bunch of ASSHOLES, we keep sending the same crooked people back to W/DC, look at where we are now, are you ready for the next civil war./boston tea party?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  10. clint thompson

Yeah but....

CALIFORNIA SUCKS TOO?!?!?!? :eek:

11. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Dont move here either, Washington Sucks Too,......bwahhhhhh

Its a west coast thing :(

!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  12. mbaker3

mbaker3 New Member

Eli is right, ......... hell, the people (we included) keep sending these congressmen and senators back to rule our lives. We bitch and bitch and bitch, but election time comes and we still vote for the person that "we recognize" their name!:mad:

It's the definition of insanity, ............. keep doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome!:eek:

13. Bruce

Bruce New Member

Oh yeah and if your not carefull in Cal. if they get their hands on your car they will crush it. :eek:

14. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

This is a very serious problem and nobody in our state even realizes how this could end motorsports and hot rodding activities in Oregon and for what? www.capracing.com is staying up on this with a page devoted to this problem. I will update it any time I get news and I'm googling every day...trust me. Nobody is ever safe in Oregon when this band of global warming fundamentalists are in session. Eventually we'll lose it all if we can no longer buy parts in this state either over the counter or via mail order.

15. Russ Parker

Russ Parker Member

Today I informed a local radio friend of mine concerning this situation. He said he will address it on air. We do need to spread the word on this before they can sneak it into law.

16. Jim Peters

Jim Peters New Member

We Need to Spread this Around

Those worthless Bastards are at it again Tree Huggin Freaks I grow Christmas tree's and Timber they breath my Air I drive a green car Alcohol Baby.
    Treeman Jim

17. RonH

RonH New Member

Hey maybe its time we do what all the liberal activist do. March on the capital and make some noise. I'll bet if we all show up they'll here our noise....I mean voices:D.

18. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Modern...er

Eli, I think if we did have a war at home it would be something more modern, American beer party....I'll join up again war wounds, PTSD, and all so long as we can drink during this deployment and there are no officers, they go by so much faster and painless that way.

Spc. Trevor Sherwood
    U.S. Army

19. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

The Salem Car council is looking at a cruise in to the capital building to save our cruise ins, racing and the restoration hobby. As soon as I know when that's going to be I'll post it here. What our friends in Oregon need to do is write a letter to you representative and to the editor of the local paper.

Here's the one I wrote last night:

Governor Kulongoski has directed the Oregon State Legislature to craft a bill that would outlaw the sale and distribution of high performance automotive parts and tires in the State of Oregon. The result of Kulongoski's request is House Bill 2186.

Weather an unintended consequence or not, this could be a back door approach to banning all types of automotive activities that a lot of Oregonians enjoy. This may end the car restoration hobby and the popular cruise-ins that a lot of towns host as charitable civic events. Our "Night of Fire" and "Winter Rod and Speed Show" which have become annual benefits for young people with cancer will no longer exist.

Eventually, auto racing events including the truck pulls in Sublimity that raises a lot of money for the local community and car races in Lebanon and Woodburn will come to an end if high performance parts are no longer available to contestants.

But the problem goes much further than just effecting racers as custom wheels and tires will also be outlawed. I recently bought a car that came with custom rims and tires. Under this bill, as soon as I have a flat tire that's not repairable, I would have to take the wheel out of state just to get a new tire mounted. This would take away local business and waste time and gas.

In a state where unemployment is rising at an alarming rate, tire shops and some automotive shops will surely close, restaurants and hotels will lose summer business, and livelihoods and entertainment choices will be reduced even more.

House Bill 2186 is overkill and will do nothing but take away people's dreams, reduce charitable events and take destroy the restoration hobby. Call your legislator!

20. eli

eli Banned

Sure enough, will have a Vietnam right here in America, instead of smoking weed will drink beer get drunk and shoot each other. :eek: