Rusk conditions.........

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by rjs, Jun 9, 2004.

1. rjs

rjs New Member

any input re: probable conditions for pit area at Rusk if projected rains do indeed develop as forecast.........have been told that access road in and (most?)of pit area is dirt. dirt plus rain usually equates too.........well we won't go in to that...........literally or figuratively. thanks....

2. flash

flash top alcohol

I was wondering the same thing myself,it's raining like a cow peeing on a flat rock in waco,texas!!!

3. rjs

rjs New Member

anyone else have any input on the Rusk track or pit conditions.....it's about time to load up!

4. OKC-Oilie

OKC-Oilie Funny Car

Morrison said he contacted the track today and they told him it has not rained since Tuesday. So If it's wet I guess we'll have swim races ;)

5. Bob Alberty Jr.

Not to wish anyone any bad luck,but seeing as how we are still idle,we'll be doin the rain dance this weekend,hey it worked for dallas and baton rouge for us.No seriosly,good luck everybody at Rusk this weekend,we are gettin closer,dad's feelin pretty good,got the crank in the block tonight,the body is done,so the dallas rain date is looking like a go for us.

6. KathyL

KathyL Super Comp

Was at the Rusk track yesterday, nothing but sunshine (HOT!!) :cool: :cool: nice track, packed with drivers, teams when I got there around 2pm @ the Branch-Etterman pit. [​IMG] Will be headed back for Saturday's and Sunday's action.

Good Luck to all

[ June 12, 2004, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: KathyL ]

7. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

The Rusk track is pretty nice. Concrete guard rails, and easy acess to the starting line from TAD pits. Quite a bit of asphalt but the parking stripes are too close together which caused some problems. Almost had our awning torn off because ot them trying to park us so close. The road in is dirt for a short way but is covered with some kind of substance that would prevent it from becoming muddy.
    The finish is uphill with a sand trap and net just past the last turn out, but seemed to be ok as there were some 250-60 mph runs and Ashley ran 5.45.
    Lots of people had problems finding the place including us because the track info on internet is not good. I can tell you if youre going north on hwy 59 after you pass through Alto take the hwy
    242 to the left and it takes you to the track.
    Weather was hot. 95 degrees durning the day. My adjusted alt. was 4000' most tof the time.

8. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Sorry typo ERROR.
    HWY 241

9. ROF

ROF Top Dragster

How do you guys race when its that hot and humid?

Isn't there some rule concerning the distance between trailers?

10. KathyL

KathyL Super Comp

Here are some of the action from Rusk..It was great meeting those I got to meet, and good luck to all the rest of the season.

This one is for you flash
    [​IMG]
    This one for you Ghost
    [​IMG]
    This one for you Lee
    [​IMG]
    and the AWT Crew
    [​IMG]
    This for you Tate and Crew
    [​IMG]

[ June 15, 2004, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: KathyL ]