Rumor Mill or Fact Mill?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Pat McGill, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Heard Wendland left the Under The Gun Team earlier this season, so Gunderson hired Stark to put a tune-up in the car. Wendland then came back, but Gunderson had Darien come in for the last session at Indy. BTW, how did Gunderson run in the last session at Indy?

2. Michael Gunderson

Michael Gunderson New Member

Not that it is any of your business Pat, Dan, or whoever you propose to be today, the same tuneup is on the car as has been. We changed engine combinations but I guess your source missed that. As for Jerry, since you think you know everything ask him what tuneup we have. I guess that should end your rumor.MG

3. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

I bet JD could tell you how much clutch you got in it now. i heard you were very screwed up in the bellhousing. Instead of asking pat M. a question and waiting for an answer why don't you tell us how many runs you smoked the tires in a row and how much cluch jerry had you take off of it. When you get major help from someone dont be too fst to take the credit because you might bite the hand that feeds you your information in the future which trust me you will need. someone who can develop a tune up on there own knows where it came from and how to go back to it when they are having a prob. Someone who has too buy a tune-up will run good for a short time but when they get screwed up they don't know where the tune-up came from so they don't know what to do to fix it and they usully screw it up worse when they change it. Thats when you have to look for help over and over again. thanks.

4. Michael Gunderson

As usual someone who thinks they know more about what goes on, Jerry did help with the clutch and it helped, as for smoking the tires we have'nt done that but 3 times all year. As I stated before until I get on this board begging for your money or advice you can keep it.MG

5. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Great post, Tommy. Assume you're on the Fact Mill side?

[ September 18, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Pat McGill ]

6. Michael Gunderson

It seems as no one has ever told you what happens when you ass/u/ me MG

7. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Tommy or whoever you are....you too Pat, (is that like Pat on Sat. Night Live?)

You are messing with the wrong crowd....If you have a/fuel advise, you should go to a-fuel.com...I'm sure you could get a tune up there...JO...

Mike needs congratulated on his tune up. His has taken his own ideas and vamped them to his car. If you drove a car,(more than likely you don't)or worked on one and was able to go to the starting line (which you more than likely don't)you could watch the back of Mikes' car real well.....

8. TJTurner

TJTurner New Member

Mike - Great comeback from how thing were going earlier this year - I saw you make one run at the Southern Nationals and then you did not try again. Did the car hurt alot of parts on that pass and you decided that it was time to re-group? Well, if so, you certainly did that - congrats.

Also, this comment is for everyone - is the division between the TAD and AFD guys so great that neither side can accept a fair comprimise from NHRA? A lot of tough stuff is being said on this site from both sides. The TAD guys are more open in their comments but the AFD guys are just as much to blame. Rob, you say that your comments are just for the betterment of the sport but at the same time you know that coming on here and making some of your posts that the TAD guys will take offense - basically, you are trying to get a response so you can then say that you are the one being attacked. If the AFD guys were behind the power curve, you would be a little defensive also so give them a break.

As far as the old days go when AFD was not as competitive, I'm sick of hearing that. For 30 years, the TAD combo was the preferred combo and a pretty good majority of the cars are still TAD's so a lot more people have a lot more invested in the "slower" combo than in the "old days". So of course there will be a bigger push for changes than before.

Good luck guys and I hope you guys can work together or the class will be harmed.

9. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

rob I have been involved longer than youve been living I'm sure. Why would JD need to fix MGs car if it wasnt having a prob. and I wasnt speaking to MG in my post when I talked about finding and loosing a tuneup. He took it that way. Say rob when you drove what have you won as a driver? Not slaming just curious because I dont remember seeing your name on the cover of ND but you seem to have all the facts. Maybe you did good? mr. Gunderson this isnt mikegundersonracing.com, I can give my opinions just like rob has about blown racers cheating. until you start your own damn website anything you say is up for challenge here so ppl know whats really going on. Like I said if you havent had a prob why is JD fixing it for you. So in return you tell jerry why you can run 280 once?

10. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

pat maybe you should call JD and ask him what happened in the bellhousing. i beleive jd felt sorry for him so MG can get his head out of his ass/u/me.

11. Michael Gunderson

Since you seem to have it all figured out tommy why don'y you fill him in. As for anything else you want to say to me stop by and we can chat jackass.MG

12. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Tommy,

As a rookie in 99' I ended up #6 in the world, won two national events, two divisional races. I was sportsman rookie of the year and tuned the car I drove. I lost the division title by one round to David Wells. I would say for a rookie who had never drove anything over 10.00 sec. before, that isn't too bad by anyones standard.

By the way, you must of been playing with yourself when I made the cover of ND after winning the Sears Craftsman Nationals in St. Louis.

Never have I said that what I say is for the betterment of the sport....Find it Jack off...

TJ Turner

I don't want a response that is negitive, look at my other post and you will see me asking for input from blown guys. Could you have your panties in a wad because of the support that A/FRO has?

A/Fuel has a voice now, A/FRO's members list shows it...a-fuel.com

Keeping it solid! You all have a nice day....

13. Tommy

Tommy Super Comp

rob. I asked you in a nice way what you have done and you respond like this?
    "By the way, you must of been playing with yourself when I made the cover of ND after winning the Sears Craftsman Nationals in St. Louis." I think your mother needs to wash your mouth out with soap because all your posts sure dont do you any favors, mr G's either. all your posts are full of hate and rage. Im glad to get to know you hear as a lot of other ppl are too so I can stay away from the hate spewed in your pit area. What goes around comes around and it will sooner than later because you, my friend, are a complete ass with a capital A. thanks for listening.

14. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Tommy,
    :mad: :mad: :mad: Did I not answer your question? And maybe you were playing with yourself....Hell, I don't know...It was a question. Your the jack off spouting rumors that you can't back up. So you know what.................

You start shit that does't matter. In several posts you always down someones creditability. Shame on you....If I think your a Jack Off, with capitol J and O, in my eyes you are....You can come by and have a chat with me if you would like....Will you come by and see me Joliet??? I would bet a good amount of money, NO.....

3 times in one year to smoke the tires, that sounds like a real problem, Einstein!!!!!
    By the way, "Opinion Blown racers cheating" Sorry Tommy Boy it's a Fact!!!! ]

I don't care how you asked. Sounds like you need better informers.By the way, my MOM said you are a JACK OFF! Next time I drop the kids off at the pool, I'll be thinking of you!!!!!

15. The Zone

The Zone Member

Rob W, you're really not doing either side any favors with your hostile attitude. As the president (spokeman) of the new assoc., I would think a little diplomacy would be in order. I doubt the NHRA is giving your assoc. very much serious though with that kind of attitude. Just an observation from someone that wants to see both types of cars thrive in the TAD class.
    Dean Murdoch, SpeedZone Magazine.com

(If you don't know who I am ask Morgan, Mitch, even MG and I have talked at length via email)

16. TJTurner

TJTurner New Member

Rob, I have no problem with AFD support for the class and have never said anything remotely close to that in any post that I have made so I have no idea where you came up with your "panties in a wad" comment.

17. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Dean,

Do you see only with one eye...I really mean that...It's not about chose of sides either. Anyone that comes on here and downs creditibility of drivers, owners and crew members without themselves having any invovement with current teams might as well be pissing in the wind...

Dean, you are right. I should not let the words of others stir my emotions. You know as well as lots of others that there are times to voice concern...I will do my best to bite my tougue. I will take your advise to heart.....

18. Bumpy55

Bumpy55 Member

Tommy would you please post your bio so that we may all know your backround in this sport and understand where your comments come from. You stated you have been around quite some time,so please let us know. :cool:

19. Wendland

Wendland Guest

Yeah Tommy....... :eek:

20. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

I am not Pat, so please do not ass ume things that you know nothing about...