roots to screw blower swap:what parts need to be changed in engine?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by noiraude, Nov 26, 2020.

1. noiraude

noiraude Member

hi all again
    besides my engine sleeve concern(apparently solved) in my KB hemi engine,i was wondering if there were parts that needed to be changed that might have to handle more stress as the engine was purchased with a littlefield 14.71 HH blower,and now it will run a whipple R980.
    engine has got a new fuel injection setup and lower static compression for the whipple,but i am wondering if i should stick with the same valve springs from the roots setup(keeping the same cam)or upgrade?
    same question with piston rings(4.310 bore):what are you screw blower guys running?
    also are crank/rod bearings,piston to cylinder,piston rings clearances the same with both types of blowers?
    thanks in advance for input

2. MaggiFinn

MaggiFinn New Member

All the stress comes from the tuning. Blower speed is tuning.
    The main difference from the blower change alone, is the boost will progress further with RPM than it did with the roots.

The whipple takes less hp to turn and delivers cooler charge.

I'd think you could stay within your same parameters and be faster, with a happier engine. You now have the option of pushing it further with the new blower, into territories you mention, but that's just an option.

3. noiraude

noiraude Member

that puts a whole new perspective to my engine checking and tuning!
    thank you!!