Roots Tech Q's

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by 47Hemi, Aug 5, 2017.

1. 47Hemi

47Hemi New Member

Ok so I posted this in the wrong forum earlier.... If anyone can help me I'm very curious!
    I need a little clarification, I get the standard vs Hi-Helix rotors 60 vs 120. But I'm curious about standard cases, looking to update superchargers and my rules state 8-71 standard case and standard rotors. So when it says standard case is the rule implying that I must have a full opening? Or do they make different openings in a standard case?

2. d.kirkalkyburner

What class? I believe the rule is refering to a retro case where the opening ends up starting ahead of the rotor where with a stock unit the openings are started at the rotor in the front.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Could be referring to the length of the case. If you lengthen the case and put in a thicker bearing plate in the front you are actually making a super man blower with a built in setback.

4. 47Hemi

47Hemi New Member

It's for truck pulling, I guess the question I should have asked with a standard 871 do they make different bottom openings? I'm always looking for more power have been running HI Helix in the past so the standard supercharger I'm a little lost in Thanks

5. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Call Andy Wilfong at Littlefield Blowers (714) 992-9292 and ask him. He is a ITA member and is a expert on blowers

6. 47Hemi

47Hemi New Member

Ok perfect!