Robertson Bringing Eaton-backed Alky Flopper to Familiar Summit Motorsports Park

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, May 14, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Robertson Bringing Eaton-backed Alky Flopper to Familiar Summit Motorsports Park

Harrison TWP. MI. … Summit Raceway Park is one of the World’s Premier Drag Racing facilities and Todd Robertson is no stranger to the Norwalk, OH facility. Having taken many wins over the years at “Norwalk”; Robertson feels quite comfortable at the Bader family facility.

“We had some really great runs here in the door car, taking a couple wins. With that experience here we always feel a little bit at home when we run “Norwalk”,” said team owner/driver, Todd Robertson.

The comfort level of being at “Norwalk” added to Robertson’s growing comfort level behind the wheel of a nearly 3,000 PLUS horse power funny car can only lead to good things for the Harrison Township, Michigan team.

“When we started this deal we knew we had a lot to learn and we still learn something new every time we go out but, now we need to learn how to win at this level. I’ve got about 50 runs in the car now and I feel more comfortable behind the wheel now than I have at any point in the last three years. The car has talked to me since day one but I didn’t’ always know what she was telling me. Now I think we’re talking the same language and that gives me a higher comfort level. Add that to the “At Home” feeling we have here at Norwalk and I think we can really start to build something here,” said Robertson.

This season Robertson’s Pro Power team has welcomed two new members; Les Howey, Engine-Lower End and Paul Baird Data Analysis. The two join Robertson’s long time crew of his wife, Lynne, his son, Grant, plus Dennis Kolomyjec, Tony Rousos, Rocco Wilson, Ed Youness and Jeff Sawruk along with advisor Darren Mayer.

Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. Eaton has approximately 103,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.

Robertson and his Eaton corporation backed Pro Power Top Alcohol Funny Car team will compete in the NHRA North Central Division 8th annual Mickey Mart Cavalcade of Stars at Summit Raceway Park this weekend (May 16th-18th) in Norwalk Ohio. To follow all the action, log onto http://www.dragracecentral.com or you can follow along at NHRA.com. The first Round of qualifying for the Alcohol classes will be Friday night at 7PM. The final two rounds of qualifying will be at 4 and 8PM Saturday with Final eliminations set for 1PM Sunday.