Ring package

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by bandit496, Dec 24, 2014.

1. bandit496

bandit496 Member

Looking for some advice. Have talked to a couple of piston ring sales techs. Twin turbo 540 KB Olds with Brodix SR 20 heads. We currently dial in 40 pounds of boost and seem to be generating a lot of crankcase pressure and blowing a lot of oil out of breathers. Can I have some opinions on what ring packages might be more effective? Or, is my "problem" more of one not allowing the oil to get back to the pan (oil filling up heads). Any opinions are appreciated. JW

2. promodracer

promodracer Member

check Hone job with profilometer and use correct stones. I run dykes and have very little blow by. but I have a 5 stage dry sump pump.I pull oil from each vc and run a second drain from pass valve cover down to factory fuel pump location. and pull from three sections in pan. good luck

3. TOL

TOL Active Member

What style/type of ring are you running? Gas ported? Type of oil system? Lots of breather cross sectional area?

4. promodracer

promodracer Member

Rings are cs1702 255 By total seal .017 1/16 3/16 Bore 4.505.
    Dry sump pump is red colored Missisle 5 stage.
    I just have two spit tanks With a breather on each. Barely ever fill much. and two filters on Peterson 3 gallon dry sump tank. I have one with built in filter.
    Hope this helps.

5. promodracer

promodracer Member

No gas ports There are a few videos if you search 2500 hp valiant.