Return of Pro Comp to New England Dragway

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by camcoracing, Nov 26, 2008.

1. camcoracing

camcoracing Member

The newly formed East Coast Pro Comp Association in cooperation with New England Dragway is proud to annouce an exciting upgrade of the program
    EMAIL FOR 2009 DETAILS AND UPDATES
    CAMCORACING@YAHOO.COM

2. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

i'm interested in this, i sent you an e-mail

3. camcoracing

camcoracing Member

4. East Coast Guy

East Coast Guy New Member

great news dana

5. Alkyguy

Alkyguy New Member

Nitro is allowed but a 6.20 cap??? What kind of nitro car runs slower than 6.2? We ran a few times from 2003 and 2004 and there were cars dipping into the 5s then, what gives?

6. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

nitro

it's all about the show. put some nitro in and let her go the 6.20 cap is to keep the cost down but still have the smell of nitro. running in the 5.90 is not good for the sport of pro comp if we get 7 or 8 cars running in the 5 then the cap can be changed but for now this is the best deal for all thanks

7. blown375

blown375 New Member

There are better and safer ways of slowing cars down than making it a BRACKET race! No matter how you say it an "ET cap" or an "index" is still a bracket race and the people in the stands can see that every week.

8. Chris Gerber

Chris Gerber New Member

Don't advertise the "index" to the fans and/or instead of not letting the offending (faster than 6.20) car come back for the next round, whack their pay a couple hundred bucks.

9. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

pro comp

i dont think so, its not bracket racing if i run 6.20 and you run 6.90 and we leave together with a poor light i think if nothing goes wrong i will win we can run in the 5 but it's no good if three cars run in the 5 and the rest run in the high 6.80 or so. the nitro is all for show but for the one that might need that little bit of help getting a little more ET it will help them. its about time we put a cap on this deal i've ran pro comp from the first race ever run at ned missed one year then came back and all was the same it aint that we are trying to slow cars down we just dont have enough 5.90 cars that run. but thanks for your thought. i thinh a big thanks go to dana hard at camco racing THANKS DANA

10. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

pro comp

we dont advertise the ET to the spectators its a heads up race thanks

11. blown375

blown375 New Member

OK , dont tell them...do you think everyone in the stands is an idiot ?

What happens when you kill me on the tree, run you run a 5.99 and I spin the tires let out of it and run 8.50 and I come back next round and you are loading you car in the trailer?
    Do you think the people arent going to say WHAT THE F@#K WAS THAT?
    Do you think the people are goung to say, wow that was some great HEADS UP racing ,I really hope those guys come back!

12. Chris Gerber

Chris Gerber New Member

Robert, did you read my 'and' statement?

A large percentage of spectators at a packed house on a Saturday night at the track don't even know what 6.20 means. Most see pretty race cars that are loud and go fast.

I'm happy there are some people out there being creative and making places for more people to race and watch. I may have to plan a vacation up there to see the show!

13. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

pro comp

Sorry Robert, I don't think anybody is an idiot if you don't set the bar at some kind of level and from the amount of cars we have running with us. we need to do this 6.20 cap. 6.20 is fast but keeps it controlable and does not let the big money come in and beet up on us little guys. you cant leave it wide open with no cap thats just not good for anyone in the pro comp class thanks for the input.

14. blown375

blown375 New Member

Yeah that's great but I just don't understand people calling an index heads up!
    An index is just a bracket race with a preset dial-in no matter how you want to justify it !

Heads up is just that; first to the Finnish line wins.....period !

If you have a particular combination running away with the race limit the overdrive or percentage of nitro or vehicle weight , don't say to the fast guys."everyone else that doesn't want to do their homework can't run with you so if you go to fast you loose". What your going to end up with, is a group of mediocre cars.

If they did this to the ADRL or the heads up pro mod, pro stock, top alcohol or top fuel classes it would be the death of the sport.

The next time you go to a national event watch the stands , watch them clear out when super comp and super gas and hot rod come to the lanes.

15. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

pro comp

some people just get it, lets say you and me are a booked in show but you run 5.99 and i run 6.50 and we go heads up you think thats a show? we are a group of guys that want to have fun and not go completely broke if you don't see it that way i am sorry or you haven't spent real money going fast. but if you have a low 6.00 car come have fun with us we would love to have you run with us. thats all i have to say thanks PS 8.90 @188 aint 6.20.@239

16. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

620 cap

I think its a good idea,keeps the cost down and its more level for everyone.
    As far as the faster cars vs slower ones,its like that everywhere in all the classes,we did the pro comp thing in the late 90 s and had the slower car and didnt have a clue on how to run it and our first time out were runner up.The fans loved it and we had a ball,lets se what happens and if changes are needed the powers that be can figure that out.
    Rick

17. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

Cost

Have many of the people on here been to a NED procomp race. Keeping the cost down. some of these guys built state of the art tad cars put roots blowers on them and simply just spend tons of money. They killed the class. The idea behind pro-comp is great and the guys that race the class are awesome people. I live here in the Snowy north of New England I tune an TAD car go test when these guys run and i have run 5.60 durning there program, and they have gratitious let me make more passes. I like them put on a show, with long smokey burn outs and fast passes. dont enter the race cause its not fair. But me and my team support them 100% most of these cars can all run 6.20s detuned and never hurt anything all year and put on a great show. Adding nitro to the tank may cause a few too many oil downs, but hell try anything once.
    Congrats to all Pro-Comp runners. If there is anything i can help do to help you guys let me know.
    Jonathan Pickett
    Pickett Racing
    Salem, New Hampshire

18. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

instead of index

rather than an index, have you considered individual restrictions?

if racer x goes out and runs a 5.99, you weigh his car and count the blower teeth. if he's 2100 lbs and running his blower at 60 over, you tell him if he wants to run the next pro comp race, he either has to weigh 2150 or run at 50 over.

that may be one way to keep everyone in line. don't kid yourselves that most of the crowd won't know it's an index race.

19. d johnson

d johnson Top Alcohol

pro comp

hi will, it's not that we have a lot of cars that run in the 5 we might have 2 if that, but we do have a lot more that can run in the 6.50 to 6.80 so we are trying to keep it at the low 6.0 range but until we get 5 or 6 cars that can run in the 5 we thought this is the best way. to limit over drive or weight is good but you need one more man. it's really a heads up racing just dont go 5.99 if you do you are out. the nitro thing i dont know that much about but we do have a lot of interest in it, i know people think nitro and think 4.50 @330 mph but not the case. we are trying to get more interest and we all know if one racer goes out and runs 5.90 for #1 spot and the bump is a 7.50 thats no fun for the racer so we think this will help get it done. thanks for ringing in

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  20. camcoracing

camcoracing Member

Before this gets all out of control. Lets remember that this is a show race primarly and we dont wish to turn this in to a national event. All yodelling (bench racing) will be over in April. Fans apreicate the mixture of fast cars. The 6.20 cap just keeps the racing close without extra rules. It is not a bracket race in any form. Its a 8 car quailified field with 6.20 being the fastest you can go. Come and have fun!! Merry Christmas Dana