RESULTS OF TESTING ???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by nitrohawk, Feb 10, 2004.

1. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Anybody out there know what the results of the TAD cars testing at Vegas and Firebird were??
    Best I can tell Marty Thacker had low et at 5.40 in Vegas and Ashley at 5.36 at Firebird. Looks like Niver made it back and ran a 5.57 which is not great but was better than most that made it down the track.
    Do you think the new weight rule has an effect on the a-fuel cars? It has to have some.
    Perhaps we will never know because of all the great alcohol cars switching over the numbers will prob. favor the injected fuel cars.
    What will be interesting is the number of teams with two cars,(one of each). This might be an overload for some. The division races will also be interesting. Here in division 4 all of the good tracks are running early and late in the year. We are also suppose to have Morgan Lucas,
    Ashley Force,running in div.4 and of course the current fastest car in the world Randy Meyer running at the good tracks here.
    Some divisions don't have a full 8 car field in TAD but if you want to see some racing come to div.4. There will prob be as many cars at the division races as there are at the national events. Just wish the tracks would advertise these shows and get spectators out. The way it is now if your brother-in-law is not running or unless you get ND you wouldn't know there was a race going on with all these 250 plus mph cars and over 500 total entries.

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

bob,

from what i could tell, marty was not in vegas. i think federlin ran a best of .43, i think shields ran somewhere b/t a .40-.42. there are conflicting reports on the internet what ashley ran in phx. i saw .36 on one site, then .46 on another.

summit dragracecentral.com will be posting live results as they happen from the warm-up at sealy this weekend. despite being only 1/8 mile, we should see some great times out of the blown contingent. forecasted high on saturday is 58 degrees, then sunny and 64 on sunday. high 3.50's are high 5.40's. i think low et will be about a 3.49 or so at about 216. can you say mineshaft?

hope to see you out there bob

will

3. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Will,
    We will try to be there to observe as we are still short some parts for the new motor comb.
    Do you have the list of people that have confirmed they will be there? If so how about posting here.

4. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Bob & Will,
    I wish I had been in Vegas. After Route 66, that is one of my favorite tracks. Nope, we're stuck here in Illinois, working and trying to figure out how to shovel ice.
    Take care,
    Marty

5. Will Hanna

Staff Member

alcohol cars to be on hand:
    David Wells
    Shelly Howard
    James Thompson
    Lee Callaway
    Karl Brounkowski

6. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Thanks Will for the list of cars.

Marty I apoligize for the mistake but it was not hard to believe that you would have run low et if you had been there. You have a class operation and prob the best blown car in the country. I think you will do well this year.

7. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

I was at Fireturd, and I can attest to the fact that Ashley did not run a .36, but she did run a .46 next to us (Niver's car). I'm sure it won't be long before Jerry get's that car in the .30's though.

8. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Was The 5.57 the first full pass on Nivers new car? Is the new car the same as the old one or different?

9. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Bob,
    No apology necessary, and thank you for the very kind words.

Langenhammer,
    Good to see you guys got her all back together. Tell Mark I said hi!

Marty

10. Will Hanna

Staff Member

unfortunately, the test session has been rained out. since it is a pre season test, and pre season is about to be over, there will be no rain out date. several teams are making their way over to baytown to test on sunday, since the weather should clear up by then.

11. The Zone

The Zone Member

That sucks Will.Was looking forward to seeing the guy make some laps. Is Wells going to Pomona.

12. 777AFDKID

777AFDKID Jr. Dragster

Nitrohawk,

The 5.57 for Niver was the second pass on the car on Sunday. Mark clicked it just past half track on the first run. It was a just a check out pass. He went farther than we thought he would!! He said it felt good!!

Cant wait for Pomona!!

13. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

777AFDKID

I agree Pomona should be real interesting for the TAD guys "oh" and girls. Hope the air is about sea
    level, the track sticky and the weather cool. If so we whould see some real racing. We have our division 4 race here the last weekend of the month
    in Dallas and if our crankshaft makes it in time
    we will be there with our fuel car. This division should be the toughest in the nation if everyone that is suppose to run here shows up.

14. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

OOPS!!!!! Hang on, I have to get this big foot out of my mouth. I heard yesterday that Ashley Force did in fact run a .36 at Firebird, but it was on Friday(when I wasn't there). Next time I'll try to have at least some of the facts before I open my keyboard. Sorry Ashley, my bad, and oh ya, nice run.

15. Langenhammer

Langenhammer New Member

Nitrohawk, the new car is considerably longer, and we hope considerably faster than the old one. We also changed a couple other things, again hoping to improve our performance, and maintain our consistency. The .57 run went 259mph, which we think was pretty fast for the e.t. Now if we can just get it to run in the first half, we will be pleased as punch.
    Hey Mr. Thacker, thanks for the kind words, it's good to be back after such a long layoff, six months is way too long without a fix, if you catch my drift. Good luck to yous guys this year. But if you don't mind, please stay on your side of the Mississippi, (just kiddin) you guys run real tough, and it's a kick to see those half track wheelstands. Knock em' dead this year.

16. Lance Flanakin

Lance Flanakin New Member

Zone, Wells was here at my shop yesterday. Said he wasnt going to Pomona or Dallas.In fact he was headed down to Cabo San Lucas where he has a condo.They are going to try to run today (sunday) and he thought that Shelly was on the way.BTW the sun is out and the corrected alt. is - 800ft just like last weekend when the P/S were here.Should be good.

17. The Zone

The Zone Member

Lance send me some numbers and any photos you might get from today. Would really appreciate it.
    speedzone@telus.net

Dean

18. Lance Flanakin

Lance Flanakin New Member

Zone, unfortunately im welded to the shop all day.I'm sure Will or Larry Sullivan are there

19. Will Hanna

Staff Member

track report:

Wells opened the day at about 1130. The car was an animal, had instant wheel speed, then too much wheelspeed as it started into violent shake. as a result of the shake, the main fuel line came off the tank and caused him to abort the run. upon further review, a new tank he had made didn't have enough neck to clamp the new line to, and david didn't feel like chancing another mishap, so they left after that run. They also are testing a new injector made by thunder road racing out of australia. looks fast, yet to hit the track.

shelly made three hits today. the first pass, the car launched into a wheelstand that forced shelly to abort. on run 2, the car left like a rocket but knocked the tires loose at the top of low, and made a violent right turn. on run 3, shelly carded a 5.47 at 250.

that was about it.

20. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Will
    Did you get a chance to talk to Shelly about the a-fuel car like when they would have it assembled and testing etc. Is it true that it is Ricketts roller?
    Bob