Reading Division 1 Race

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by David Smith, Sep 21, 2003.

1. David Smith

David Smith Member

What a great weekend of racing in Division 1. I almost did not think we were gonna see any racing since there were power problems but some people put there heads together and got some teams to volunteer there motor homes and got enough power to power up the timming and pa systems after that was fixed there was some great side by side racing that was filled with alot of excitement and heart breaks..

Doug Foleys weekend did not start out good with about 1 1/2 hours to go before final eliminations the team did its warm up and heard something funny in the motor so they had to do a quick engine swap. It was great seeing Bob Newberry's crew, Mike Kosky, and Steven Cantrell and some of his team members come over and help with the thrash (hope I did not forget anyone) they got the car back together with 2 minutes to spare. I as a fan love seeing when teams come together like that to help eachother out.

The James Sickles/ Frank Manzo final round matchup was Great for us fans and filled with alot of suspense. Neither driver wanted to stage for a bit but Frank being the gentleman he is staged first and it was a heck of an exciting race! Frank showed why he is the 8 time world champion in his spectacular driving job as he got out of the groove early and headed towards the centerline he cut the wheel back and got the car a bit sideways and almost had the car almost on two wheels he reeled the car back into the center of the lane and started chasing Sickles down as Sickles was ahead yet but nearing the top end problaby around the 1200 foot mark it looked like Sickles Burst Panal blew and Frank Just snuck around him for the win.

Congrats Frank, Michele, John, and the rest of the team this was a huge win for Frank as I believe now he has a bit of the upper hand now in the National Points chase with Bucky Austin. Chicago Next weekend should be very interesting.

Congrats to Tony Bartone as his car ran like a bracket car all day long as with this win it adds some more excitement into the TAD national championship chase.

Thanks again Mike Kosky, Janet Kosky, Len Cottrell, Shelia Tafer, Mike Klopchick, Steve Boggs, Michele Manzo, Frank Manzo, John Glade, Steve Loewen, Judy Loewen, Tim Lewis, Doug Foley, Bunny Burkett, and I am bad with names I know I forgot some of you team members! for a great day at the races. I love the Alky class and making friends with alot of you and the treatment you give to me and whomever I bring to the track with me is why I make the effort to make it to all the races I do. Thanks Again!

Your Friend and Fan!

David Smith

2. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Super Comp

First off great work by the track to get the racing done with no power and a BIG thanks to whomever donated their motorhome with generator to get the racing done on Saturday(please let us know who they were so if I see them at another race to thank them!)!
    T-BONE looked impressive with bracket car like #'s , and the the 5.38 in finals, excellent!
    Manzo pulled off the sweet stunner over Sickles , everything and anything to make a run be bad happened to Frank, but he once again proves why HE is the 8 time champ and drove all the adverse things, it was Sickles race till his blower panel popped at maybe as close to 1320 ft., but Manzo won on a holeshot!
    Congrats to both teams on one the best dragraces I've seen this year!