Randy Meyer Earns Brainerd National Win at U.S. Nationals

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Sep 3, 2014.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

Randy Meyer Earns Brainerd National Win at U.S. Nationals

September 2nd, 2014 – On August 14th – 17th, the 33rd annual Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals was held at Brainerd International Raceway in Brainerd, Minnesota. Unfortunately, the race was canceled due to a tremendous amount of rain, and eliminations rounds for sportsman racers were completed at different races.

For Top Alcohol Dragster, the semi-final and final round of eliminations were to be held at the U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis during qualifying on Labor Day weekend. Randy Meyer, who qualified his Injected-Nitro machine in the second spot with a 5.33 E.T. pass at 269 mph, faced Dean Dubbin, the 13th qualifier, for the opening round of eliminations. Randy spun the tires on the launch, causing a slow start, but he quickly recovered the run and crossed the finish line first with a 5.41 E.T. at 265 mph.

With a not-so-full field, Randy got a free pass in the second and quarterfinal round, and ran an unopposed 5.30 E.T. at 269 mph. After this pass, however, rain interrupted the race and caused another delay. The race for Top Alcohol Dragster was postponed after the showers, and declared to be finished at the U.S. Nationals.

While in Indy, Randy faced Duane Shields for the semi-finals of the Lucas Oil Nationals, and got the round win with a 5.32 E.T. at 270 mph, but did not earn lane-choice over Tripp Tatum for the finals. Wrapping up the final round of eliminations from Brainerd during the third qualifying session of the U.S. Nationals, Randy Meyer was off the starting line first, and never looked back as he ran the quickest time of qualifying, earning the number one spot, and the Lucas Oil Brainerd National event win with a 5.27 E.T. at 271 mph.

This win was the Randy Meyer Racing Team’s fifth win of the season, and Randy’s second NHRA National event win of the year.

“We were eager for this win from Brainerd,” said Randy. “We have had a great turn-around from our struggling performance earlier this summer, and we have one of the best race cars and crews out there. I am very proud of my team, they deserve it.”

Supporting Randy Meyer Racing for this race was John Haley #1 Roofer, LLC based out of the Twin Cities metro area in Minnesota, who provides residential and commercial roofing, siding, gutters, remodeling, windows, repair needs, snow and ice removal, and more (click here to learn more).

“Investing in the Randy Meyer Racing Team was a good decision for me,“ claimed John Haley, owner of John Haley #1 Roofer, LLC. “I had a lot of race cars to pick from to advertise for me during the Brainerd race, and Randy was my first choice. He has all the qualities of what it takes to be #1. He is friendly, caring, helpful to other racers in distress, and respectful of others below him on the ladder of life. He is very serious in his efforts to do the best he can to win races. I have much respect for Randy and his team, and we would like to put our name on his car again next year for the Brainerd race.”

The television schedule for the Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals event has not been released yet. We will announce the date on our Facebook Page: (/RandyMeyerRacing).

Randy Meyer Racing would like to thank their sponsors for their support and dedication to the team: Lucas Oil, Smart Chicken, John Haley #1 Roofer, LLC, Aeromotive Fuel Systems, NGK Spark Plugs, MOTOR MEDIC, Quik-Latch Products, Boninfante, Taylor Cable, Aeroquip Performance, Belzona Industrial Solutions, Rezner trailers, ARP, Copeland Race Cars, MAHLE Clevite, Hedman Hedders, and Moroso.

For more information on the Randy Meyer Racing Team, please visit: www.randymeyerracing.com

Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RandyMeyerRacing