race pack or Edelbrock Qwikdata

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by sunday driver, Mar 21, 2005.

1. sunday driver

sunday driver driver

Which one is the best... I realy don't know which one to use is the Edelbrock as good?
    thanks
    denis

2. dak

dak Member

I have worked on a couple of dfferent cars with racepaks on them and they seemed to work really well..I had a buddy who wanted a data unit for his SC/SG car and called racepak and edelbrock ..He bought the edelbrock in his opinon it did everyting he wanted and more it was easy to use and hook up...also the amount of money he saved was quite a bit

3. B.DOUCET

B.DOUCET New Member

I use the Edelbrock on my blown car and it works very good. Can watch and record in real time and there are plenty options in the setup for different combos.

4. Kev N

Kev N New Member

Denis,

5. Kev N

Kev N New Member

Denis,
    We used the Quikdata on a TAFC and it worked fine. It can be set-up to collect anything you want it to and the tech guy is plenty helpful.

The funny thing about it was that it was bought because of price (cheap) and availablity (we could have it the next day)and it turned out to be one of the more reliable pieces on the car...LOL. I will say the thermocouple connectors had a tendancity to comeout of the converter box when the car shook hard, nothing a ziptie and duct tape can't solve.

Feel free to shoot me an e-mail or P/M if you have any questions.

[ March 22, 2005, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: Kev N ]

6. Danny Humphreys

I also use the QwikData on my car. For the $$ it's hard to go wrong. If you want one, I can sell you a new one for $2650. Danny Humphreys 214-724-1056

7. Danny Humphreys

I can also get extra transducers (pressure senders) you need for about about 1/2 what everybody else sells them for.

8. Neil Favro

Neil Favro New Member

Anyone know anyone useing a RACE PACK V300 or V500
    in TAFC or TAD?

9. Tim Stevens

We have used the Autometer unit for a couple of years now and are VERY happy with the unit AND the tech support 24/7! Oh, did I also mention we have the BEST prices on Autometer Data Recorders? Cal or e-mail 616-681-9559, Thanks Tim

10. Michael

Michael New Member

I have to agree

I was a little hesitant when Edelbrock released there data logger, kinda figured they where jumping on the "bandwagon", it seemed EVERYONE was starting to make the darn things, lol

But, a friend of mine did ALOT of research and asked questions and pondered which one to buy for quite awhile [he's cheap, lol!] and ended up with the Edelbrock unit, Its been flawless, and I was quite impressed

I have used Racepak in the past, the unit in my car now I bought from a member on this site, they started the whole "data logger" craze, and if I didn't have to mortgage my house to upgrade I would go to the new "V net" style, but, bang for the buck Edelbrock is the way to fly, AutoMeter makes a real nice piece too, this may sound really "shallow", so, PLEASE dont take it personal, but, I find it very ugly, just personal prefernce I guess, the Autometer unit works awesome and Mike Trittle is a great guy, I just think it "looks" funny, kinda like an old tube type amplifier or HAM radio, LOL, like I said to each his/her own

The one thing I have heard is that the Racepak Vnet is supposed to be a little harder to configure and use, but, in the end works very, very well, you see them in alot of top fuel cars, so, they must be durable, but, then again, most of those guys race on someone else's money, its a little harder to write that cheque when you are working for the money to cover it!,

Happy Easter Guys, hope everyone enjoys the holiday, and for everyone who is in the North it looks like Spring is FINALLY!!!!!!!! here!!

Michael

11. rickey

rickey Member

if you need any pressure sensors for the Quickdata unit www.digikey.com has them under $100 no connector on them tho

12. G man

G man New Member

We are using the Edelbrock unit on our Nostalgia funny car, Basically a 125" TA/FC with K.Blk. eng. Lenco, crower 10.7 littlefield retro, etc.
    The Cost was right, simple to hook up, everything there that we need and their tech department quite helpful. Data screens are easy to set up and all the info we need is there.