Quick 8 May 2nd

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Andy Hunt, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Andy Hunt

Andy Hunt New Member

We will be having an open Q8 at US 43 Dragway in Ethridge, TN on May 2nd. This will be $1000 to win. Race will be run on pro ladder. All are welcome, no entry.

More info to follow.

Directions can be found at www.us43drags.com

2. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

Nitro Plate will be giving away a certificate for a free header coating !!!!

3. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

we have had some positive results so far setting this up. We will continue to work to make things better. The track is awesome plenty of shutdown, track surface is 660' of concrete ground smooth. Ill try to get some pics of the track up ASAP. Id love to see our piston powered track record fall it is 3.67 !!! If anyone has any questions please feel free to give us a call, we would love to make this a re-occurring event !!! This is our first year managing this track. Thanks for all your help !!!

Russell Hunt
    931-556-2168
    If no answer leave a message and I will call back.

4. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

Russell

keeps us posted if the money goes up with any new sponsers at least 4 run minium to win it is a lot for alky car with no qualifying money are round money but sounds like fun hell i will come any way just to beat up on those two cars from lebanon tn. they know who the are bunch of smack talkers

OH TELL EM THIS AINT A TEST SESSION AND TO BRING THERE A GAME IF THEY GOT ONE I HAVE HEARD ENOUGH

( LMAO )

5. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

LOL, Jim I talked to Mike Gibbs and told him you are coming after him he laughed and said to BRING IT ON !!!! LOL !!!
    We are working on getting 100 bucks qualifying moneys.

6. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

LOL the only way gibbs could beat my car would be that i was driving his and i dont think i could get it done BUT i will be driving mine and leave him tring to catch me LOL

mike and i go at it all the time he is a good ol boy and his ol car does run pretty good

7. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

Jim you and Mike are going to have to take it easy on me and my little small block Olds dragster. I dont think I will even make the cut. I just finished putting the heads and turbos back on it this afternoon. Gotta get it back up to snuff or leave it at home.

8. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

those turbos will make a believer out of guy those things haul ass

9. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

I've been out on Russells Hoover on a few occasions just to have him blow by me at half-track like I was tied to a tree...downright embarrassing, especially when I couldn't even hear him go by........ :D

10. Andy Hunt

Andy Hunt New Member

Let's make it official, $100 to qualify.

If this works out they way I'm hoping it does, we'll be doing this on a regular basis with more purse money.

Thanks,
    Andy Hunt

P.S. Don't worry about Mr. Electorlux, aka Russell. I'll take his a$$ out with my bracket car ;)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  11. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

Now Ronnie I believe you had 3-4 plug wires off on those passes too :cool:
    This is going to be a blast 100 dollar qualifying money will be given. Rumor has it that a potential Alcohol Funny Car series sponsor will be checking things out.
    I hope to see everyone there.

12. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

ronnie you cant ever get any respect from a bracket racer at you home track ( LOL )

13. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

If anyone needs to get into the gates early let me know and Ill be there to open up and lend a hand on set up.

14. M gibbs

M gibbs f/c matchracer

here kitty kitty !!!

i mean JIMMY JIMMY!!! COME GET YA SOME!!IALL I N EED IS MY TEST SET UP&LIFT @450 & STIIL YOU GET TOO SEE MY NEW CHUTES!!!p.s steve rettell is coming w/me too have some fun, great too get him out after gary passin away, all my lo...........mikey www.lynchmobdragracing.com

15. Jagger

Jagger Member

So how many qualifying rounds?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  16. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

We will have two qualifying shots, If anyone want to come out Friday let me know. Rocky Flanagan is coming out Friday night to try out his new blower converter combo. If I get all the bits and pieces back on my car Im testing it Friday nite too.

http://www.us43drags.com/q8.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  17. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

mikey , mikey, mikey ,

you know im not scared and besides that for me to see YOUR CHUTES means you would catch me then be able to have passed me and if you lift at 450 ft all your going to see is how good that black mustang LOOKS going through the lightsan my chutes hitting the ground LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLMAO

18. TD2593

TD2593 New Member

Man I love a good SMACK TALK It looks like Ive got a knife heading for a gun fight :eek::eek:

19. M gibbs

M gibbs f/c matchracer

Don't cry.........jimmmy

I'LL BRING YA SOME KLEEEEEENEX 4 YA!! &Russell i'm beatin on the marshall car too get it there!! sat moring its gettin some tubes welded on it? their hopin too be there!!

20. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

can that us marshall car make a full pass with out breaking something