Question?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Racer, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Racer

Racer New Member

I was wondering what is the best way for me to get into Top Alcohol racing. Im 17 and really want to race Top Alcohol in my future.

2. flash

flash top alcohol

if things don't get better in the future for tad/ta/fc/afd as far as payouts,sponorships,and young new talent involved in these classes,there won't be anything out there for you to be involved in !! I try not to be negative about the future,but I think everybody has concerns about the future.NHRA does not seem to have our best interest on there minds right now!! IHRA does there own thing!! and now we are disscusing paying for the privalege to run these cars!!! I just don't know where we are going?

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

racer,

best bet is to try to get on with a local team and crew. you have to have a pretty flexible schedule to do so as well. if you don't know a local team, go out to a divisional or national on thursday and start asking around. you won't start glamourous, but you cant start at the top. as far as driving goes, that all takes $.

hope i could be of help.

flash - just b/c i talked about having a race where some people put some cash up to race doesn't mean the alcohol world as we know it is coming to an end. by no means do i think the trend will be for alcohol racers to have to pay, nor did i suggest that.

4. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Where do you get this stuff from?

As far as the NHRA is concerned (I can't speak for IHRA) Lucas is enjoying it's sponsorship of our series. Ashley Force will be in an A/FD next year driving for Ken Meadows and Jerry Darien. Shawn Jones just got his license, is hardly older than the guy who started this thread and beat Jay Payne first round at Pomona. A yet to be announced deal has been made with a team very close to me that puts another car out there with enough $$ for the national title hunt. Plus, more cars are running stronger than ever. Many other deals have been made like O'Bannon/Federlin, Lucas/Grimes, Goodwin(me)/White, White/Wilson (on a second car), Etterman/Branch, Frank Parker/Danny Townsend, and the list goes on.

Why don't you tell him we need new blood and welcome to the pits instead of crapping on his parade?

5. Racer

Racer New Member

Will,

Thanks for the information. I dont really know any teams from the Texas Area, but i guess i need to start looking. Where is the best place to get your Top Alcohol Licence?

Thanks,
    Kirk

6. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

what part of texas are you in?

i know just about everyone down here, i'm sure i can find you someone to help.

for about $5k you can get your license at frank hawley's school. another avenue is possibly crewing for a team that one day might let you get a license.

[ December 17, 2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]

7. Racer

Racer New Member

I live in Temple near Waco.

8. flash

flash top alcohol

sorry about the negative reply,just having a bad day at the office. since you are located in temple,call me-eddie and well talk-817-832-4768

9. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Racer, We just came back from the Frank Hawley school and it was great, But expect to drop at least 9 to 10K. You will need a few added runs to get it right. Franks doesn't cut you any slack!BUT, he will teach you how to drive your ass off and be safe. Well worth the cost. My son Chris just got his "wings" at the ripe old age of twenty. Best Wishes and Happy Holiday! Dave.