QUESTION ON FUEL SYSTEM PLUMBING

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by funnycarguy 230, Aug 11, 2005.

1. funnycarguy 230

I RUN A RODECK WITH ONLY HAT NOZZLES NOW I WANT TO INSTALL PORT NOZZLES AND A HIGH SPEED.I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE PLUMBING WHERE IN THE SYSTEM SHOULD I PUT THE HIGH SPEED SHOULD I RUN A RETURN BACK TO THE TANK OR CAN I GET AWAY WITH A MANIFOLD AT THE PUMP WITH A LOOP BACK INTO THE INLET OF THE PUMP WHAT ABOUT A PUMP SAVER? I'M RUNNING A K STYLE BARREL VALVE ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP THANKS

2. RBS

RBS Authorized Merchant

HERES MY TWO CENTS. RUN THE PUMP SAVER OFF THE FRONT OF THE BARREL VALVE. RUN THE HI SPEED OFF THE FUEL SHUT OR OF BARRELL VALVE TO THE PORTS AND RUN IT RIGHT BACK TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PUMP NICE AND SIMPLE IF YOU NEED A DIAGRAM I COULD EMAIL YOU ONE JR

3. funnycarguy 230

THANKS JR IF YOU WOULD PLEASE EMAIL ME A DIAGRAM THANK YOU AGAIN JAMIE

4. Rapid Randy AA/FA

Rapid Randy AA/FA Comp Eliminator

Well, let me preface this post with this. There are a lot of guys on here who are very sharp at this. Perhaps you will get some responses from them also.

Here is my 2cents.

I would run a manifold on the outlet of the pump. This way you can run your by-passes and idle returns to it.

Now here comes the controversial part. I would then run a return line from that manifold back to the tank. If you return to the inlet side of the pump, you will have aerated fuel going in the inlet of your pump. I wouldn't run any line that only opens under pressure to the inlet of the pump. You don't want to go lean as a result of that for even a second during the run. This has been debated numerous times, and this is just one of the opinions out here. I fig, why risk it when my tank is a couple of feet of hose away. If you had a real aversion to going to the tank, you could also go into your main feed line something like a foot or so before the inlet of the pump. I would think that also would solve the problem.

Run your pump saver to the hat dist block. When you snap the throttle shut, it will give the blower a drink that way.

Pull your hi-speed off the port outlet on your barrel valve, as RBS has mentioned.

I hope this helps,

Rapid