Pro Mods are they done?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Don Onimus, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

Burgess just informed NHRA he is not going to do the 2012 TV and if no one comes in to help sponsor, it is done in 2014. Will the Sheik step in? Don

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

I heard daddy cut off the funds for the sheik???!!!

3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

There are a lot of independent associations running pro mod style cars. For example, this weekend in Medford, Oregon. Rod Burbage driving his Bunker built 1960 Corvette defeated Brett Williamson in their Studebaker in the final. Brett has the Fontana engine out of his TA/FC in it, and Rod Burbage has a BAE with a PSI "C" supercharger in his.

NHRA did not start the pro mod class (was no where to be found, in fact), and NHRA will not be the end of the pro mod class.

RG

4. aj481x

aj481x Member

NHRA P/M is fully funded for 3 1/2 more years. Relax and enjoy. ;)

5. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

Pro Mods

I sure hope so...Just not the turbo cars. I hate them. But I guess to each his own. They need to give some OD back. Or is this what NHRA wants. since all the new cars seem to have turbos and all the young kids can relate to them. Food for thought. Don

6. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

I'm with you Don....Dave

7. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

LOL.....Panic City I guess!

8. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

pro Mods

Yes they are good through 2014, but NHRA says if they don't find a sponsor by Dec. 2012 they are done in 2014. I know there will be a place for them, but just not NHRA Hope it all works out. And there is no panic here. just info; Don

9. rognelson777

rognelson777 Member

maybe promod going to the big show

Maybe nhra is going to put promod on the top telecast. I always wanted more racing in the big show not stories about motorhomes. Nhra will not eliminate promod as long as racers are paying the entry fees.

10. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Promod vs Pro Stock Trucks

Nhra wouldn't cancel Pro Mods? Ask the Pro Stock Truck guys. Dave Germain

11. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

i for one thought pro stock truck was a boring as hell class to watch. .like pro stock motorcycle!

12. DQUES

DQUES Member

ADRL is having them run a 8 car show at the VA race , look for them to have another option other than the NHRA real soon to run their "legal" combinations at . Tim Mcamis said on the ADRL radio show he was approached by 7 PM racers at Norwalk and they were asking if they could possibly run at the ADRL events in the future .

13. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Pro Stock Motorcyles

I agree with Bruce. I don't even look at prostock motorcycle results- WGAS (Who Gives a #@$&) I am amazed the NHRA keeps them on. A single motorcycle and a semi truck and trailer for a transporter? Sounds like a lot of pit space. Dave Germain

14. apacheracing53

exactly kind of like watching dragsters go down the track except for top fuel who wants to watch them, they all look the same. Pro mod looks that way as well. How many Camaros can we get in the field. Does anybody have an original idea anymore.

15. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Welcome to the thread...9 months later.

I dunno. Just my opinion. I think Pro Mods are pretty cool. Kinda like taking a TA/FC and putting the engine where the fuel tank goes and sending it.

RG

16. clint thompson

Start a new thread?

Wow, that is confusing shit if you don't look at the start date. LMAO. Why pick up a dead thread and post some random comment at the end of it? How many pages do you have to go through to pick up a nine month old thread and then post a comment that isn't eve really relevent to the original topic. Do you know that you can just start your own thread and bash whatever you want?