Pit Canopy recommendations?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by GottaGoFaster, Apr 21, 2018.

1. GottaGoFaster

GottaGoFaster Member

Hi All--

Hoping for recommendations on a brand/manufacturer for a 10 x 20 pit canopy. I'd love to to do the DMP Awning on my trailer, but in addition to the track pit setup, I need to use this canopy at times when my car is not next to the trailer (parking lot of corporate sponsor, for example). Looking for something i could leave setup overnight at track, could take a little wind/rain, but I would take down when during threat of bad weather. I'd use sand bags to hold feet in place, and probably even tie off or brace to the trailer somehow when leaving out overnight.

I don't need it to be an EZ-up style, never had too much luck with them lasting (although I have never really looked for a decent quality EZ-up style of canopy). Could be a carport style canopy--as long as it's not too crazy heavy or time consuming to setup.

Has anyone out there been pleasantly surprised at what they've found? Or am I looking for something that just doesn't really exist?

Thanks in advance!

2. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Get the real name brand ez-up with the aluminum frame. It costs more than the steel version but is a lot lighter. I’ve had one for years and used it hundreds of times in all kinds of weather. Tie one side to trailer and stake other side to ground. They cost over 1k but are worth it.

3. TD381

TD381 Member

4. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

There was a company in Canada that made some of the nicest ones I’ve seen. And his prices were fair. You could chose a color , sides , windows.

5. BEDNAR1320

BEDNAR1320 Member

http://www.surfturf.ca

I have two of these, stronger than an EZ Up, and cheaper too.

Mine are 10x20, I can hang from the center of them without damaging them.

6. andreacchiv

andreacchiv Member

I just bought a 13x26 canopy from Mark @ http://www.surfturf.ca. He makes a great product that is very well built.

I had a EZ up style 10x20 canopy fold up on us at the track after a night of rain. Definetly wont happen with the surf and turf stuff. Plus with being in CAD you are getting a 30% discount.

Vince

7. BEDNAR1320

BEDNAR1320 Member

I have two 10x20's from surfturf. Awesome product, great value.

Also great customer service. My last canopy was damaged by Customs inspection on it's way to me. Surfturf took care of it promptly, even though it was no fault of theirs.

8. Outlaw68

Outlaw68 Member