Our "small" think tank here....LMAO...

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Will Hanna, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Our good ol buddy WJ Birmingham had this to say about our tech questions forum on another site:

"Yeah, and you know how many of those opinions I used? Not damn many. Shit, Wil (cry me a river my 8973 blew up my motor) can't even keep the site up 1/2 the time.

That's why I stopped reading/posting over there. Too small of a think tank. Canter is about the best person there for sharing knowledge, and they all just want to argue with him.

http://racecarbook.com/

Buy the book, learn for yourself. It's all simple math."

Hate to break it to you WJ, there's people on this forum that have forgot more about drag racing and fuel systems than you know. I just hope they remember this next time you come and ask for help. Maybe he won't, sounds like he's got it all figured out already.

I'd just as soon not have you telling some new guy all he needs to do is calculate some formula and run this jet because so and so had that on his 8-71 instead of doing what they need to do and get the fuel system flowed.

It is kind of comical once you read it.

2. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

whoooo...i see he don't play well with others:D:D:eek:Dave

3. Danny Humphreys

tool.......

4. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Well, I wish that post had not been posted on the other site or this one on this site. I don't know how to really say what I want to say so bear with me if this doesn't come out the way it should. I think first that maybe I owe an apology to Will and all members on this website for this. There are lots of racers out there that know a hell of a lot more than me and maybe I am just too outspoken for my own good. I really don’t know of too many members that argue, I do think there are good discussions that I learn from all the time.

5. Danny Humphreys

Mike, the only argument you'll get from me is you don't need to apologize. You're input as well as numerous others are what makes this a great site!!
    As a community of racers, ITA members are extremely helpful and willing to take their time out to help one another becasue we've all been there beating our heads against the wall. Another set of "eyes and ears" is always a good thing.

6. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Thanks Danny, appreciate that. I was getting depressed and was on my fourth beer but my previous post stands as is.

7. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

MIKE. you are one great person to talk to on here or buy phone..thanks thanks thanks...dave lowe

8. PAC-Man

PAC-Man New Member

I couldn't agree more. It is always good to have another opinion when when we have problems. Chances are someone else has had the same problem and ITA can save each other alot of time and money instead of trying to figure it out on our own.
    To everyone that participates Thank you!!!!
    Ken

9. marklee

marklee Blown Alcohol Dirt Drags

thank tank

I thank you guys are great and very professional!!!! I go to a lot of sites. other than this mean guy who is always telling me i bump to quick named Vic LOL.:D just kidding Vic.:D

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Please don't apologize

Mike,

Please don't take what was quoted as lumping you in with this keyboard guru. I just didn't want to cut up the quote then get accused of taking it out of context.

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer people's, including my questions. Take for instance the infamous 8973 issue. We both disagree with each other, but we're men enough to just realize we have a difference of opinion. I still think you're one of the smartest electrical/msd guys out there, borderline genius (LOL....almost there if you know what I mean...JK) :D:p

I just thought it pretty bold for someone to spend as much time as he did asking questions here for a year or more to here two years later, proclaim himself smarter than the 'small think tank' we have over here. I've put a lot of work in getting this 'small' think tank where it is. I just try to give everyone a good place to meet. Everyone that visits this site and contributes is what makes it what it is today. It's not Will Hanna, it's the collective community.

11. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

Everyone has got an opinion; what I like about this site is that you don't often see anyone offering advise unless they are pretty sure what they are talking about.

12. thjts

thjts New Member

Thanks

It's disappointing to read about this. I'd thought WJ was a better person than that, but obviously not. Sad really.

I've looked at a number of other sites, but this is the only one I always look at. Every day. We all know what makes this a great site, and I am sure everyone is very grateful to Will for providing it, and to those who contribute to it.

Thank you to you all, and happy new year!

Paul.

13. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Couldn't agree more with what's been said above! Sitko/thjts

Thanks Guys:D

Will, sometime I need help posting a jpg or pdf. I can't seem to make it work.:confused:

14. tafccrewguy

tafccrewguy New Member

That was my post on the other forum.I do alot of searching old threads to get the info I want instead of maybe bringing something up that was said recently.Thats how I know WJ asked alot of questions around here.I know hes running a similar setup to mine (as far as fuel system),and thats why I was hoping I would get some good answers on the other forum.IMO if your reading or posting on a tech. website ,arent you there to learn and help? I guess he knows too much for his own good (some he's learnt here)Anyways Cheers to this site Wil Ive learnt a ton on here in the last couple years,about fast street cars like mine and alcohol cars Ive pitted on.

15. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

This is the only site other than race junk i get on i have learned a lot from just reading some very interesting things on here even though i have been racing a long time i know i dont know every thing there is an old saying ( its lonely at the top )for the most part i see guys with tad, ta/fc promods this is inside top alcohol not bracket cars with blowers i see guy on here that offer help to just about anyone who show a little respect

wj im going to say that i think your wrong on this one there is learning even when your getting advice are helpful tips from someone you also have to use you head when making a dicision on tuning if you dont know then pay for the advice to do a fuel system to get you in the ball park doesnt mean its perfect but you cloaer to getting in the game

donnie holbrook said one time to me you dont know now but you will in six months about my first hemi and after blowing up tons of shit i paid someone to set my stuff up to get me in the game was it a s good as the world champs no but it was close and i could tune it from there

and if you had some thing to say you should have said it on here not some where else

and to all the people i have met on here and talked to in depth about anything racing are about life thank you

will its a great site thank you for it but theres always one in every crowd

16. Flyboy68

Flyboy68 Member

I'd second that...very true. Thanks for the site Will. ;)

17. Blownalky

Blownalky Top Sportsman

This is one of the few cutting edge technical sites for the serious racer. I'd say that almost all of the posts here have had a lot of fore-thought before the poster hit the post key. You don't see too many posts fueled by testosterone or arrogance like those posted on some other sites. I for one appreciate that and all the help that everyone here gives. I'd much rather hear from someone that has "walked the walk" as they really know the deal. Not interested in smack talk, went through that in my street racing days.

Mike C., please keep posting. I haven't seen anyone arguing with you or you with them. Differences of opinion between "adults" are no problem as they are based on different experiences. It brings out good dialog and usually a lot more learning. If you keep all that knowledge in your head and don't share, it's bound to blow! :eek:

Thanks Will and all for a great site.

Tom Dwyer
    Chicago WiseGuys
    www.chicagowiseguys.com

18. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

I love that about this site! The majority of the time there definetly is a lot of thought put into a reply, and people aren't willing to just hand out information without knowing what exactly the entire picture is, which is a good thing. We're not just here to say "do this and it will go fast"...because it'd likely just blow up if you listened to that kind of "help". It's always good to see many different directions of thought to decide which is the best course for you.

19. AnimalCrew

AnimalCrew New Member

Huh?

I don't know where WJ's coming from....

I don't post here much but I read a LOT. There's a TON of great info from a LOT of smart people on this site. Will, you do a great job with the site. I don't know any other that is so pertinent and specific to the type of racing we do.

Mike C. - I always will take the time to read the posts you make. I wish I had 10% of your knowledge! Thanks for all the help. Wish I was there to share a beer with you, I have a few things I would like to pick your brain about. An email is coming....

Troy G.

20. jonimus333

jonimus333 New Member

cranking pressure

What would you loose in horse power if you would lower comp. say from 11.5 to say 10-10.5. with a 14-71 HH could you raise boost higher from the35 over to overcome, or would that just put to much heat, with the extra OD. And be down on the power? And yes this site is great. Thanks Don