optima motorhomes

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by clint thompson, Jun 29, 2009.

1. clint thompson

Anyone out there have any experience with Optima Motorcoaches? I am considering one and heard today that the company filed bankruptcy and that they had some issues with their products. Any first hand experience good or bad would be helpful.

:confused:

2. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

Isn't Optima owned by Halmark??
    or vise versa

3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Clint:

I was looking at an Optima/Colombia 4 years ago before I bought the twin screw NRC/Colombia I later sold to Dwayne Shields. I was told that they had some issues with the all aluminum construction. Renegade has some issues, too, but whatever.

If they go belly-up my concern would be "Who's gonna fix it." I have an all aluminum T&E that is starting to need a few items looked at and I will be taking it back to T&E to have it done. NRC just sent me a flyer offering service updates, remodeling and repairs at their facility so my current truck is still good to go. I would ask Optima if they plan on being around and/or see if Earl Datweiler at T&E would provide service since they specialize in all aluminum construction if the Optima aluminum work should have issues. No matter what kind of a deal you get it's a lot of money to "invest." Aluminum construction is neat, but you need to be assured it can be fixed down the road.

Good luck and Happy 4th!

Randall G.

4. Lethal Threat Racing

I have 2 NRC's and love them both. However I would like to sell one of them. A 2004 with only 30k on it garage kept, if you are intrested let me know. Send me a pm or call me 405-833-2065 Todd Martin

5. Lawren Jones

Lawren Jones Comp Eliminator

Clint, I was reading a massage board a while back that was ripping Optima for trailer tongue breakage. There was not any mention of truck/toterhome problems. Mel from Gulf Coast Insures was involved in the thread, you might want to call him as it seemed he had quit a few claims he had to settle.

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I was wondering where you've been hanging out. :eek::D