Open message to A/Fuel Racers:

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Dear A/Fuel racers:

I just want to make a statement, put some things out, let you know what I am about, and let you make your judgement from there.

I know I have probably gotten a bad rap in some A/Fuel circles due to my outspoken position on parity. I probably should be more politically correct, but I believe in stating my opinion. I'm not going to change my position to make anyone happy either.

I started this site June 26, 2001 to give all alcohol racers a home on the internet. Thats still the mission today, regardless of parity, issues whatever. I try to bring the latest news in the class, along with provide a forum that racers and fans alike can express their opinions. There is positives and negatives to this. I think the positives of this forum outweight the bad. I try to do my best to police it, but you have to take the good with the bad. Those of you who have decided to not post because of an instance or two, that is your decision, we miss your opinions, but the show will go on.

The goal of the site was also to promote alcohol racing. Yes that includes A/Fuel.

I am still as big a proponent of alcohol racing as much as I ever was. I hope at some point the class can move past the parity issue and move on to bigger things. It never was, nor will be my intention to have a 'blown-only' site.

Just because I may disagree with you on a subject doesn't mean I hate A/Fuel cars or the teams.

With that being said, thats my position, take it or leave it. I'll still be going to bat for all the alcohol classes, like me or not.

Best regards,
    Will Hanna
    Editor/Owner
    InsideTopAlcohol.com

[ October 30, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]

2. Wendland

Wendland Guest

I have kept to myself for sometime now Will...But, your posts are as smartassed as mine. When you have a passion for the sport as we do, are opinion's somehow find a voice and get us in trouble. With that being said, I understand where you are coming from....I know how much time it takes to keep up with your site. Will, good job! I owe you a beer or two and will I see you at the Winter Series?
    By the way, we are changing A-Fuel.com, it will be open to the public with in the next day....

3. David Smith

David Smith Member

Your doing a great Job Will.

This internet makes it so easy to say something stupid or get something off your chest at times but once you hit that enter button your screwed ! I have been guilty of this a few times myself and my poor grammer skills do not help me out any either! Heck I could not even buy a T-shirt this year without somehow not getting myself in the middle of trouble.

4. The Zone

The Zone Member

Rob, I was going to say your post seems funny since you booted me for stating facts on both sides, and calling you on a few items. But then I read the rest and you guys have decided to open up the whole site, so I'll shut up now. Unless of course you still have a private one for A/Fuel only lovers.
    Me, i like both and try and equally support both. In many instances I come to side with one, in the other instances I side with the other.

I am allowed to be on both sides of the fence. My job as a publisher and editor is to report on both sides.

Dean Murdoch

5. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Will - you got the best site going.

Thanks.

Alcohol/AFD the two need to run together